Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

eBay 3D printed class 507/508 kit

I built an Ayjay class 507 kit a few years ago and it looked ok but was never happy with cab fronts and how the chassis fitted so ordered the eBay 3D printed kit. Got the class 507 kit off eBay today. Made a start adjusting the floors to fit and the bodies to fit together. Waiting on some humbrol filler before I can start sanding and prepping bodies for primer. Cab end is from the old style kit I bought on eBay a couple of years ago and never got round to ordering the other components so used it to practice painting. 

80F5ED6B-46B5-478B-9EF0-29CA04C3BCE2.jpeg

089A65FC-E452-4EDA-9C64-E0A9ADB9D127.jpeg

Edited by Marc d
  • Like 6

• RMweb Gold

I’ve been working through lockdown or I’d be doing the same, must get the layout done first though

Saying that just had a look on eBay and he has one kit of bits left to do the translators, tempted but I’d need the 508 to go between them too 

Guest Half-full

Interested to see how this turns out, I've my eye on doing a 314 from his components.  Wouldnt mind seeing close up photos of the actual bits to see what the quality is like

Coach halves are joined up and I’ve primed everything. Spent ages filling and sanding the joins and still not 100% but will have to do. Brush painted the cab ends this morning and gonna spray the br grey on later

CFBE28FD-D89D-43F3-BEA4-2317D0F37AC7.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

Roof’s painted and varnish applied ready for decals tomorrow. Made a start on fixing the bogie side frames onto the Hornby class 153 bogies I bought and painted the 3rd rail shoe beams I bought from a 3D printing company off eBay. Still need to sort out mounting bogies and motor then will make a start on fitting under frame components

A0489E39-E030-4DCE-8C13-A21EA3080CFD.jpeg

FCA3E37F-BD7A-45F6-B6BD-4275E3A4944F.jpeg

07B4E8D0-1313-4225-8341-52314E67E3D0.jpeg

• Like 6

Some updates from today. Merseyrail logo, br arrows and cab numbers added. Under frame components added, centre coach glazed and window frames added. I’ve also made a couple of the windows look like they’re open which was a bit time consuming but a nice little touch imo. Motor is mounted in the centre coach floor and just need to sort some couplings out. Thinking Hornby narrow couplings or Kadee #20 as I think they should fit in the class 153 bogies I’m using

4C73944E-DDB2-4872-A91C-8E17362A4E11.jpeg

2F1DD664-8960-4A2B-8FE4-AF2EBB4436E1.jpeg

2FBFA8A6-4761-41C4-9206-091F8AE13046.jpeg

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

I rode on a couple many years ago, was Liverpool side going south.

What can I remember?

School trip

Chester full of DMUs, first saw a 128

Went on an EMU to Liverpool station (503?), was quiet but had a good look at a hybrid 123 124 unit with 123 power cars.

Then rode a new EMU south to a depot.

Then reverse all the way back to Chester.

Hi sorry won’t be posting any videos as strangely I don’t actually have a layout setup. Just going to be a static model for now. I’m using a Hornby class 153 motor and 153 dummy bogies with class 507/508 style side frames glued on. I used a pair of black beetle motors on my Ayjay 507 kit

• RMweb Gold

Yours looks cracking now the window frames are in!

im very tempted to get one now, keep it unmotorised and put it between my colas barrier coaches as a unit drag

like you I’ve not got a layout set up and running yet though 

• Like 1

Finished putting on the etched window frames and all the glazing today. Still need to sort out couplings and the orange cantrail lining. I’m also going to look into adding an interior as the kit doesn’t come with any seats

BBAD86F4-B77C-46D5-A1E6-603E740FC044.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2