Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Cost of a hobby

Ok every hobby costs money some more than others, and theres a massive inventory of used items for the railway modeller but i have looked on some online shops and the cost of some items mainly locos is abit on the pricey side imho

ok i`ll use golf a comparison  i know people who spend alot on kit and equipment let alone the cost of a game .

i suppose its a case of you cut you siut according to your cloth and you pay your money and takes your chioce

Edited by graphite33

Comments 2 to 4 are a bit harsh, the guy/girl has only done 4 posts, where you that clever from day 1? Constructive encouragement might not go amiss, after all, this is not Twitter... (or I didn't think it was)

• Agree 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, MR Chuffer said:

Comments 2 to 4 are a bit harsh, the guy/girl has only done 4 posts, where you that clever from day 1? Constructive encouragement might not go amiss, after all, this is not Twitter... (or I didn't think it was)

What makes you think I want to spend a weekend babysitting a divisive topic that's just a repeat of so many?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

New people are registering all the time and not all of them will read previous postings that are not on current topic pages.  So it's inevitable that the same topics are going to be started again by new people.  One has only to direct them to a previous topic, Andy, though I can see how you lose patience...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• AY Mod locked this topic
  • Moderators
19 hours ago, The Johnster said:

people are registering all the time and not all of them will read previous postings

I don't think he'd bothered to read much, looked like he was in broadcast only mode.

Should I list every previous instance for someone who can't be bothered to look first?

Nope.

• Like 1