Dave Alexander

Sun Chariot

Sad news regarding Dave Alexander. Dave passed peacefully away yesterday 20th April after a long battle against prostate cancer. Ive been privileged to know and class Dave as friend going back to the 70s and his South Shields Model Shop Days

He was an extremely talented but modest person who probably never knew just how much joy he had provided to UK railway modellers. From his Tyne Dock 9f conversion kit for a Hornby 9f  through his many kits covering ex NER locomotive types and then his Tyne & Wear Metro cars.

I recall the day he told me his next kit was to be a Tyne & Wear metro car and me thinking had Dave gone mad but what did I know. He sold every one he produced and was asked for more.  When I moved to 7mm Dave kindly produced some one off castings for me. Dave was also regular attendee on the show circuit with his own stand or helping out other traders.

Dropping off his Christmas card last December he informed me that his treatment had reached the end of the road and we spent the next couple of hours reminiscing about old times . Dave was truly a one off and I will miss him greatly as he will be by everyone who knew him.

Bob L

• Thanks 4
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• AY Mod locked this topic