Bredon with Trix C track

boxbrownie

• RMweb Premium

145DA2F4-B7BD-41F8-9662-A9A6D77A84A1.jpeg.8e3c80c70a653e9ab3e83d260b1d2f4b.jpegFinished loosely laying the track now and motorised all the points and all working well (with so far just the one connection to the track from the ECoS controller), now I have planned and had the boards made in three sections for future proofing against moving house and as I do not want (nor can I climb under the boards anymore) any wiring under the baseboard I need to run the extra feeds for each section across the board top. For this I have ordered A4 sheets of 3mm cardboard, firstly A4 to be manageable to cut and lay and cardboard as it is reasonably priced compared with some of the "genuine model railway surface treatments" like cork or foam, and I wanted it to be robust and solid when laid. My plan is to lay the boards and have gaps/grooves to run the cables along to keep the top surface flush, hopefully this will work. I plan to coat the laid boards with a PVA solution to give some waterproofing and protection. The 3mm board also has the advantage of raising the ground level a bit as the Trix track has quite a pronounced built in ballast base, which is also handy as it hides electrics and point motors completely. The track will most likely be screwed down, Trix supplied tiddly screws for this rather than using PVA/glue as I want to be able to raise sections of track if necessary without destroying whole areas of scenery/ground cover.

I have built in three storage roads at the rear behind where scenery will be (front of the picture) and a kickback siding for shunting and an engine shed away from the goods yard, and a milk siding all by itself at the front (near the controller in the picture).

That's it for now but any suggestions would be listened to of course. 

Edited by boxbrownie
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Premium

Looking slightly different now, been doing a bit here and there since last year, just getting the trackside fencing finished off today and then refit the background boards, I had given my Son a 10 foot long panoramic I took and stitched together when visiting the NNR, looks good with the sea in the background across the fields but he never used it and I found it the other day and thought why not?  Pleased with it and I’ll post another piccy when they are back on.AA5BDC66-49B7-41DD-B644-6F51FD43A27E.jpeg.5ae1618a78e8479f97facfcc57e2d596.jpeg

• Like 4