Dapols new 33 n gauge. 18 dcc

I have just purchased 2 Dapol 33s on preorder. Arrived yesterday, overall very pleased with the two models. 

I’ve tried to fit my Bachmann (Zimo) next 18 chips to the locos and they just make a buzzing sound as if it’s shorting out almost - as if it’s the wrong way round! I’ve attached a photo - there is only one way it seems to fit the chip... so they both work perfectly on my farish locos... is this a design so that I have to purchase Dapols chips or is there a way around this? 

im fairly new to this dcc world so I apologise in advance if this is a silly question! 

thanks Richard 

D5FC52A5-039C-485F-9246-93FDBEEB5C59.jpeg

Inevitable first question, what result did you get on programme track when testing the installation by attempting an address change? If you haven't done this, then that is the next step. If you cannot execute an address change or see a fault code, probably have to wait for Dapol to resume operation so that the question can be addressed to them.

And, don't try these on DCC power until the problem is resolved, buzzing is never good, and potentially results in damage.

Well, because I am quite new I’ve only got the basic Bachmann ez controller for now, I am about to order a Z21 though. So because of the noise I took it off straight away happened on both locos. It does sound and feel like it’s the wrong way round. 

Do you know which side is pin one on the Bachmann next 18 decoders? 36-567

• RMweb Premium

There is no wrong way round with a Next18 decoder. If it's fitted 'backwards' then the loco will run in the opposite direction and the lighting functions will be transposed.

Might be worth putting some tape between the decoder and chassis.

Steven B