AJM Railways

I have not used this site for a while due to family commitments. I restarted  modelling and looked around the site. I found a thread relating to AJM Railways which almost exactly mirrored my own experience. I purchased a Hornby Rebuilt Patriot Rhyll

listed on Ebay as new and unused. When tested it locked up in both directions an then fell off the track. I discovered that a con rod was detached and no screw and the screw was nowhere to be found. I would not have tried to repair it anyway as the motion was tangled. I contacted the and Amanda told me to open a dispute. The loco was duly returned and from then on it was nothing but obfuscation and reams of type about ebay and paypal protocols. They stated that they were entitled to keep the returned loco and the £125 I had paid. When I said I would use the county court to recover my money they resorted to claiming that I had dropped the model and they would make a counter claim. I am a retired police officer and I do not cheat people and expect to treated in the same manner. In a telephone call to them he referred to me as an idiot. I am currently waiting for a response to the Northampton County court claim served on them on 7th April. 

IMG_3237.JPG

This doesn't make any sense at all. If you opened a case in eBay, asked for a refund and returned the faulty model using the default postage (which is tracked), you would already have your money back. If all that fails, which it doesn't when you follow the eBay prompts, you can also open a case in PayPal.

I'm suspicious!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

I opened a case with ebay. Ebay provided me with the postage label for return. The item was tracked and received by AJM Railways and there was no communication from them thereafter only gobbledygook replies to my emails asking for and explanation. I had messaged them on ebay saying that I liked the loco and I would be happy with a working replacement. They never responded. I then looked at my pay pal account but could see no transaction. I phoned paypal who said that the transaction had been handled by them but as a 'guest' whatever that means. They suggested that they take over the case and my money would be returned. Both ebay and paypal simultaneously closed the case(s) on 10th March both saying I would not get a refund. I have written to both complaining of the manner in which I have been dealt with. Neither have acknowledged nor explained. I had no alternative but to go to law.

You are suspicious? How do you think I feel?

• Friendly/supportive 1

Had something broadly similar with this mob some years ago. In my case, eventually got a refund for the faulty loco but not return postage costs. All fine and friendly until a problem occurs, then a PITA to deal with. Wouldn't touch them with a bargepole now. Go hard on them.

Ebay said nothing other than that the case was closed. Pay Pal said it had closed the case because I had not supplied sufficient information. The guy who I spoke to had all the information needed when he said that they would take it over and I was never asked for anything further. I appealed the decision but I have heard nothing since. I suppose the excuse is 'the virus' as it appears to be for all other customer services failures. Both of them have been as much use as a cat flap in a trident submarine.

• Moderators

I'm going to close this topic off as I haven't got the time to be dealing with her when she moans she's getting negative publicity again. The name crops up too many times. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• AY Mod locked this topic
  • 4 weeks later...

On 11th May Northampton County Court made judgement against AJM railways in the sum of £125 + costs. They had supplied a  faulty Hornby Patriot loco via ebay.  All communications with them failed to address the issue. The item was returned under Ebay returns policy. AJM Railways did not return the money and stated that they were entitled to keep the returned item as well. Ebay and Pay Pal were as much use as a cat flap in a submarine. I would advise all modellers to avoid any dealings with AJM railways. There have been many other complainants and I fail to see how they have 100% feedback but in any event they are clearly not fair traders and a real risk financially.

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 3

• AY Mod locked this topic