The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Sertraline antidepressants help request

Dagworth

18 hours ago, Dagworth said:

Trying to put further my experience into words, this week has been like opening my eyes, looking up and realising that I've been walking down a tunnel and the lights are off. Looking back over that last year I realise that I have very little memory of it, what should have been a trip of a lifetime across the USA seems to have faded to nothing, I can see bright patches as if there were ventilation shafts over certain events but the rest is just dark. Does this fit with anyone else’s experience of sertraline?

Andi

To  echo an earlier comment, that sounds very much like the possible effects If depression . I know my memory has suffered, but whether that is age or stress / depression / anxiety I can’t be certain. But at the depths of it life was very much, well, meh. Just little pleasure or feeling , and unwilling and unable to to enjoy things.

The Sertraline wasn’t given to overcome these (honestly, Work issues 10~15 years ago caused problems which I didn’t have the foundations to cope with, and transitioning for me gave me the foundations), rather it was given for anxiety (to an extent, the opposite of depression). Overall I am fine, but occasionally things got out of hand, and spiralled feeding itself. The Sertraline has stopped things spiralling out of control, but in daily life has little or no effect.

All the best

Katy

• Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium

As a general bit of advice for any medical matters, never be afraid to seek a second medical opinion if you have concerns about any treatment or medication which has been recommended. 

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 1