Dapol N gauge dummy Bubble Car question.

Cowley 47521

Hi everyone.

I’ve just received this little beauty from my other half for my birthday:

37DB0548-22CF-49E9-8F13-002E76874AEF.jpeg.be4c23992760b17cb8f282a766a38d3f.jpeg

I’m a bit new to the DCC thing so excuse the probably silly question... I’ve just got a basic Bachmann E-Z Command controller, and I was wondering if anyone could recommend to me what sort of (cheapish) decoder I need to purchase to operate the lights in the unit?

Any help much appreciated.

Nick.

Assuming it has a 6 pin socket, then almost anything will do.

I think Lais make cheap decoders, I wouldn't use them for motor control though.

Also, depending on your definition of cheap, you can get a Zimo MX617N for 20 quid.

Regards,

John P

• RMweb Gold

If its a 6Pin then just slap a LaisDCC in it since its a Dummy unit.

If its one of the new Next18's then your Ez-Command won't actually be able to program the decoder to make the lights work normally but again, stick a LaisDCC in it.

• RMweb Gold

For longevity of the exhausts  always start at taking roof off from the van end and put back on at van end first.  Also if model gets boxed frequently cut foam to give a bit of slack. It is best to take model and foam insert out of box and always ease exhaust  end out first  of the foam. 

Robert 

6 hours ago, Robert Shrives said:

For longevity of the exhausts  always start at taking roof off from the van end and put back on at van end first.  Also if model gets boxed frequently cut foam to give a bit of slack. It is best to take model and foam insert out of box and always ease exhaust  end out first  of the foam. 

Robert 

Ok Robert thanks for that. It probably won’t go in the box again, at the moment everything is on a shelf until I get the fiddle yard completed. 
All boxes stashed away under the stairs...