Dingham (Auto-Couplings) Still Trading?

• 2 weeks later...

I have just finished testing the system. It works and it works well so I will be drawing up the production etches next. 

The grey wagon (LNWR Dia2) is fitted with a plus 1mm "Flippem" hook and loop the brown wagon (LSWR 4PLK) is fitted with a standard height  "Dingham" hook and delay bar. being used on WC Boggs. they run through and couple on the 3ft4 reverse curve. The LSWR 4 plank has had a "Flippem" loop fitted to the other hook to prove that back fitting "Flippem" loops to "Dingham" hooks was possible.

930918749_flippemloopdinghamhook.jpg.3f6edabb657d4afc41cf567cd2005e42.jpg

The second photo shows the difference between the "Flippem" on the left and the "dingham" on the right.

1511665205_flippemloop.jpg.2fb2ea8c6c9877a9f00dfa961c9d4778.jpg

As you can see the "Flippem" is made from thicker material and has a greater cross-section for better strength. Also you can see that the size of the loop is bigger which allows it to be used with very tight radius curves. I have tried them on PECO set track and they work every time. There looks like there is also spare room between the hook and the loop to enable them to be used on even tighter curves less than 3ft4.

The third photo shows the difference changing the hook height can have.  The coupling on the left is the plus 2mm "Flippem" and the one on the right is the "Dingham" the wagons are the same, our SDJR 5 planks, as you can see the loop on the left would pass over the hook on the right and likewise there no chance that the loop on the right would go over the hook on the left.

602430545_flippemloop2.jpg.aa57dc11d2bd84293b58c5d29ed9db04.jpg

Now I have proved the system I will be putting the production etches for 7mm and 4mm together and getting them to the etchers asap.

If any one wants one of my pre-production etches to get them going I have one left? Otherwise I will be taking orders in a few weeks for an expected delivery mid to late February.

Marc 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just to let you all know I'm now taking orders for Flippems. The ordering page is now live. My initial order should be with me a week on Monday.  I have ordered a small amount for stock but as soon as that has gone I will have to place a second order which could take up to 6 weeks. Having said this I have until Monday morning to add to my initial order.

https://pregroupingrailways.com/flippem-automatic-coupling-system/

Marc

• Like 1