70's/80's mainline 00 track

Meester

Hello

Does anyone know if any company plans to produce more convincing looking flat bottom track with panderol clips?, I see there is now three companies I know of producing bull head 00 track and components but nobody seems to be thinking about those who prefer the more modern image. C&L produce sleepers and chairs and exactoscaleused to supply track bases but it seem you now have to be a member of EM or Scalefour societies. I have only just started getting back into the hobby, making room in an insulated garage. I've been impressed by the detail on rolling stock etc recently but the track seems to be forgotten unless steam is your thing.

Many Thanks in advance

Kev

Peco produce Pandrol Rail Fastenings in their Individulay range - part IL112 - https://peco-uk.com/products/pandrol-rail-fixings?_pos=1&_sid=0dcf65306&_ss=r.  You'd be buying the sleepers, rail fixings and rail separately, so you'd need a set of track gauges to assemble the track.

Exactoscale still make their concrete sleeper bases (which is what I intend to use when I get to the track laying stage), but you are correct that they no longer sell direct through their website, so you'll need to join either the EM or Scalefour society if you want them in a hurry.  Whether that is cost effective depends on how much track you need.  Exactoscale used to charge a 15% surcharge if you bought through their website, so in the past if you required large quantities, joining one or other society would probably work out cheaper.  I think that both societies would also sell to those attending their respective exhibitions, but I've no idea when these may take place.

The problem is that that only deals with plain line - unfortunately I'm not aware of any flat bottom points and crossings.  Colin Craig used to produce copper-clad kits, but these are no longer available.  I'm still looking for a replacement supplier.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Kev,

I've not looked closely into this, but does the Peco concrete sleepered track not fit the bill?  (I know that the sleeper sizes, spacing, etc are wrong for 4mm scale).  If it doesn't I would be interested to know.

Regards,

Alex.

5 hours ago, Meester said:

Does anyone know if any company plans to produce more convincing looking flat bottom track with panderol clips?,

Some random comments.

1) Peco's track tooling people seem to be very busy at the moment, they have announced (but so far not delivered) a bunch of stuff in OO bullhead, US HO Code 70, and I am guessing the exclusive stuff in EM.  Given past experience all of that is still several years of work to get it all to market.

2) unlike bullhead, there doesn't seem to be a lot of requests online for a more modern track line.

3) like anything, you or anyone else who really wants a new item should use the contact methods on the potential manufactures websites, and do in person requests if you and they are at an event.

Thanks for the responses, I was looking for something a little closer to prototype than re-spacing sleeper and know it's not much as it's all a compromise in 00. It looks like I'll have to join the EM guage society when I figure out what I need.

You could join the EMGS and actually model in EM. If you're starting from scratch then you have a head start really.

It is that much more accurate and diesel/electric loco conversions are fairly simple, as they are for rolling stock.

Just a thought...

steve

Edited by steve1
Another thought