Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

One Square

mozzer models

Rules

The image must be one square kilometre square from an OS 1:50,000 map.

That square must contain a recognisable railway feature.

That square shall not be edited to remove content.

Whoever guesses correctly has to set the next question - use http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/oswebsite/getamap/ to originate your square.

The correct answer will be adjudged by the person who set that question.

Legal bit

Images produced from the Ordnance Survey Get-a-map service. Images reproduced with kind permission of Ordnance Survey and Ordnance Survey of Northern Ireland.

well as this is running on the old forum and i have never got one yet i will start it here

post-6686-12547399584964_thumb.jpg

Hmm... can't seem to figure out how to upload an image to an edited post.

New post then!

Highley: post-6718-1255025747282_thumb.jpg

New one: post-6718-12550257706511_thumb.jpg

Mozz - I got a fair few on the original, went away for a few weeks and couldn't stand the thought of looking through another 20 pages to see if anything had been used before laugh.gif

• RMweb Gold

[grump mode] I posted a new square in this game in the old forum & I can't find out whether anyone actually answered it...:huh:[/grump mode]

Beardybloke - the trick with the old one was to use the "search this topic" box & look for names close to the square you intended posting. Since the idea was to type in the answer quickly before anyone else & then add the picture of the map, if there was no answer with your intended square the chances are it hadn't been used! I posted 2 duplicates of earlier squares before I learnt that trick. Looks like that option is still available for when we get up to 100 pages of posts :P

[grump mode] I posted a new square in this game in the old forum & I can't find out whether anyone actually answered it...huh.gif[/grump mode]

Beardybloke - the trick with the old one was to use the "search this topic" box & look for names close to the square you intended posting. Since the idea was to type in the answer quickly before anyone else & then add the picture of the map, if there was no answer with your intended square the chances are it hadn't been used! I posted 2 duplicates of earlier squares before I learnt that trick. Looks like that option is still available for when we get up to 100 pages of posts tongue.gif

Nice idea Rich - I never thought of that one icon_redface.gif

You want a clue for this one? icon_wink.gif

Clue - this was built as a light railway by an engineer who went on to build several other light railways, including the Lyme Regis branch and the Southwold Railway.