The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

One Square

mozzer models

More clues - a direct Pullman service to London travelled over this line for a short time, but the line was part of the first closure approved as a result of the Beeching plan.

Well done! The 'roundy-roundy' was the Thorp Arch Circular Railway, a loop, with several passenger stations, round the ROF that was built there during WW2. (The ROF is now the library and trading estate shown on the map).

Well done! The 'roundy-roundy' was the Thorp Arch Circular Railway, a loop, with several passenger stations, round the ROF that was built there during WW2. (The ROF is now the library and trading estate shown on the map).

I was looking for something like a power station! Came across this square purely by chance, just following North up the disused tracks from Ferrybridge wayhuh.gif

Clue - the railways which owned the dismantled line and the existing line were partners in a joint railway which began just about at the eastern edge of this square.

Clue - there is a prison near here which used to have what was thought to be the largest treadmill in the world.

Personal clue - when I played football in the Claro Sunday League (many years ago!), this village was the furthest north we went to play.

• RMweb Gold

( Edit -- Seems like just pH and myself playing at the moment. Anyone else want to try??unsure.gif )

I'd like to have a go but it's rare for me to know a square without a clue - you two just seem to have the knowledge! wink.gif

Strangely this thread doesn't seem to show up on "new content" list so I don't always pick up that there's been a new square posted....huh.gif