The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

One Square

mozzer models

Can we have a clue?

OK - the original proposal for a railway to this small town was for a northwest to southeast line through the town. The part from the northwest was built first. The part to the southeast was built 26 years later. The two lines were never joined ??“ the town had two separate railway stations. At the grouping, the northwestern station was owned by one railway company. The southeastern station (which was in this square) was owned by a joint railway, and the company owning the northwestern station was a partner in this joint railway. (And it could be made even more complicated than that biggrin.gif !)

OK - the original proposal for a railway to this small town was for a northwest to southeast line through the town. The part from the northwest was built first. The part to the southeast was built 26 years later. The two lines were never joined ??“ the town had two separate railway stations. At the grouping, the northwestern station was owned by one railway company. The southeastern station (which was in this square) was owned by a joint railway, and the company owning the northwestern station was a partner in this joint railway. (And it could be made even more complicated than that biggrin.gif !)

Well, that puts my clues in the shadeblink.gif

Well done. You can see the other line in the top left of the map you posted - just below the 'B1040' label.

One of my uncles was stationed at RAF Upwood (where they hold the 1940s weekend) in the 1960s and I visited a few times, so I saw the Holme-Ramsey line while it was still in operation, but the Somersham line had closed completely before then.

Thay also did some filming around there for 'Battle of Britain'. One evening, I saw 5 Me109s and a Mitchell camera plane in the air over the town.