The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

One Square

mozzer models

Finally twigged the cycle route number is a good clue here - last square is just north of Marazion

post-6864-0-09834600-1318972327.jpg

Yes it probably was a bit of a give away - to be honest I was so busy checking that there were no names or road numbers in the square that I missed that clue!

Guest Belgian

A duck on the edge of a city next:

post-6864-0-14382500-1318973051.png

A duck on the edge of a city next:

post-6864-0-14382500-1318973051.png

The city being (73050) "City of Peterborough".

Try this, a duck about to leap into a pond:

• RMweb Gold

Yes it probably was a bit of a give away - to be honest I was so busy checking that there were no names or road numbers in the square that I missed that clue!

I know that feeling , having deleted a previous square when I noticed an A road number - but only after I'd posted it!

Guest Belgian

Time for another clue as you're obviously looking for that Hymek in vain:

Nearby you will find a feature whose name suggests the resting place of 72010

Bloody hell - my local line, and there I was looking at Leeds, Newcastle etc! Hengist(bury Head) was a total givaway to Christchurch:

Now try this, there's only half a duck: was the other half bombed away?

Guest Belgian

I think it has a passenger service running over the line, just no stations are still open (It's the line from Ferryhill to Stockton, built by the Clarance Railway. Stillington lost its passenger services in 1952:*

Now try this:

The direction of the main line here is different to its name.

* It took me 3 minutes to find the square, but has taken at least half an hour to find a railway timetable map to see if there is any pasenger service over this line - Northern Rail do not have any map of services on their site at all! How do they expect passengers to find out if there is a service to where they want to go, or, rather, to find out where the nearest station is to where they want to go?

In the end I found the on-line National Passenger Services map that is like those which were included in the huge timetable books we once had to buy, and it confirms that there are NO passenger services over this line, as dagrizz originally stated.

Edited by Belgian

I think it has a passenger service running over the line, just no stations are still open (It's the line from Ferryhill to Stockton, built by the Clarance Railway. Stillington lost its passenger services in 1952:*

Now try this:

The direction of the main line here is different to its name

* It took me 3 minutes to find the square, but has taken at least half an hour to find a railway timetable map to see if there is any pasenger service over this line - Northern Rail do not have any map of services on their site at all! How do they expect passengers to find out if there is a service to where they want to go, or, rather, to find out where the nearest station is to where they want to go?

In the end I found the on-line National Passenger Services map that is like those which were included in the huge timetable books we once had to buy, and it confirms that there are NO passenger services over this line, as dagrizz originally stated.

This line IS shown as a freight line in my atlas - I just managed to miss the duck when I checked the map!

Guest Belgian

Perhaps he's a subversive rather than submersed duck? The head of the Duck Underground, at Stanmore

This is a quickie, you have 15 seconds to find the incredible Dancing Man - I've just put him in as he amused me -

- so that's the bonus square which isn't necessary for the game although part of his mate appears in the actual square to find

I think that, maybe, Dancing men (and, Strictly, Dancing girls) should replace ducks . . .

The quickie is Fort William

Edit: the other one is Tenterden. Blast, have to find one myself now. Dancing person or duck?

Edit 2: Dancing person: big clue in here, which may give you a certain kind of smile...

post-6971-0-69580000-1320007503.png

Edited by eastwestdivide

Guest Belgian

You shouldn't have said it was iconic . . just The Sea Wall . . .

This Dancing Man seems to only have one leg: he obviously does a Dad Dance but isn't ready to be buried yet

Edited by Belgian