Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

One Square

mozzer models

• RMweb Gold

You shouldn't have said it was iconic . . just The Sea Wall . . .

Didn't think it would last long, but it seemed an ideal one as it's just down the road & fitted "the theme".

I think that the "dancing man" theme is an afront to those of us who have a flock of ducks stored on our computers!

Sorry to duck the issue! :D

Edited by Ramblin Rich

I think that the "dancing man" theme is an afront to those of us who have a flock of ducks stored on our computers!

You have a flock stored? That's dedication. I'd rather (Eider rather?) go and find one on the spur of the moment. Muscovy be going, work to do.

Guest Belgian

A group of ducks is called a badelynge, bunch, brace, paddling, raft or team. Also, one might call it a dover of ducks. (As well as a flock).

I think they're much more exciting than a simple 'flock'.

JE

Edited by Belgian

Guest Belgian

What's the big 'V'? Thank you for joining the ducks and dancing men into one theme!

Here's the Dancing Man with his Mum

Edited by Belgian

• RMweb Gold

Sorry - things got busy, then couldn't log on :(

Anyway, we were looking at Wedgewood:

post-6864-0-17836300-1320358531_thumb.png

Next is another duck. I still have a feeling someone's got a whole bunch of these saved & will recognise this straight away, but if not, a nearby location might make the previous duck annoyed.

post-6864-0-78193900-1320358796.png

More grass or what's its wing worth? Or even a home for a bird?

Leaving it to someone else, as I recognised the flyover straight away, but don't want to skive of work any more looking for another square...

skive OFF...OFF... my brain knows how to spell but my fingers have a mind of their own.

Edited by eastwestdivide

Guest Belgian

Hmmmm . . . who'd have thought you were obsessed with ducks now? . . . not the dancers in Penrith:

I'm sure there are dancing girls around here, although that's the edge of a dancing man's circle on the right:

Edited by Belgian

Guest Belgian

I could give you another clue, but it would probably be censored (you'll get this one once you locate the line!), so I'll try a rather more conventional one which is that the line seen points in quite a different direction to that which you would normally expect of this place and the important part of the name of the railway company which built it would also make you look in a different direction . . .

It seems help is needed to find our dancer BUT all the adjacent squares have "give away" names in them.

So, the level crossing is close to milepost 9 but about 277 miles from our London terminus. If I told you where the 9 miles was measured from it would be too easy!