Terrier Nameplate lining Question

Good afternoon everyone,

I'm hoping that someone may be able to help me out. I'm planning to rename some of the Hornby Terriers in SR olive green livery but I am struggling to find anywhere I can get transfer for the white nameplate surrounds as I intend changing to longer names so the printed one won't be log enough. I've checked all the usual suspects for transfers but can't find any. Has anyone found any anywhere else?

Thanks

Karl

• RMweb Gold

I've never come across any - There were very few named SR tank locos (off the top of my head, just the Isle of Wight ones, 2333 Rememberance, the L&BR locos and the PDSWJR trio), so it's not a common application! 

Bear in mind also that the IOW terriers were a minefield of different modifications, so consult photos before choosing which one to do! 

36 minutes ago, Nick C said:

I've never come across any - There were very few named SR tank locos (off the top of my head, just the Isle of Wight ones, 2333 Rememberance, the L&BR locos and the PDSWJR trio), so it's not a common application! 

Bear in mind also that the IOW terriers were a minefield of different modifications, so consult photos before choosing which one to do! 

Thanks Nick, it is a you suspect IOW that is my thinking. I feared the lack of named tanks might make transfers unlikely, particularly as there won't be a standard size for them either,