In my mates shed.

A good friend of mine has a few items in his shed that came from his Grandad who used to work on the Somerset and Dorset Joint Railway before closure.

He sent me this picture asking what it is. I have no idea, does anybody on here know?

Thanks

Paul.

IMG_20200713_190856824[2012].jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, keefer said:

Well, Bailey Gate was a creamery so maybe a way of 'labelling' wagons bound for there? 

Thread on the location here: 

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/42569-bailey-gate-creamery-siding/

My first thoughts were maybe a wagon/ brake van label.

3 minutes ago, Wickham Green too said:

Yeeeeah ? ............. b-but the conspicuous attachment is totally unlike anything I've ever seen hooked onto a wagon !

So, just something, someone has knocked together then?

• RMweb Premium

Was there a yard of sidings somewhere where cuts of wagons would perhaps be deposited ready for the final stage of their journey?

Then the marker board in question would be hung on the end wagon so the relevant loco crew knew which wagons to take?

1 hour ago, keefer said:

Was there a yard of sidings somewhere where cuts of wagons would perhaps be deposited ready for the final stage of their journey?

Then the marker board in question would be hung on the end wagon so the relevant loco crew knew which wagons to take?

Thats what i would have thought.

My mate has a load of other stuff from his Grandad, overcoat, hat and a tablet token, all from the Blandford area.