Decoder fitting Milton Keynes.

D08

Hiya all. I am in the throws of converting to digital. I have. Small layout, 6'x4' and intend buying a Bachman ez controller.

anyway, I have just purchased a DCC ready 21 pin loco, and wondered if anyone in the Milton Keynes area could fit it and do the sound for me. I am a pensioner with limited knowledge of these things. Thanks, Tim.

What loco is it?

What speaker have you got for it?

I have fitted many of my own but also have some I shelved because they are complete **** to do!

PS Richard is familiar with doing this sort of stuff for others, I am not.

Edited by Pete the Elaner
PS

2 hours ago, D08 said:

Hiya all. I am in the throws of converting to digital. ......... intend buying a Bachman ez controller.

.....wondered if anyone in the Milton Keynes area could fit it and do the sound for me. .......

Hi Tim,

If you are planning to fit sound, then I wouldn't buy the basic Bachmann EZ Command system.

It has very limited access to functions, so your sound decoder will not be able to play all the sounds available.

On the other hand, if you mean the more capable and more expensive Bachmann EZ Command Dynamis Ultima, that will allow you to access most, if not all of the sound functions, although as a DCC system, it isn't widely considered to be a recommended choice either.

Ron

Tim.

I can recommend A and H models in Brackley. Chris is very knowledgeable, he has installed several for me and sorted a couple of issues over the years. If you pre book your visit he will normally do it while you wait, he has a well stocked shop for you to look round whilst he dose it or pop into town and have lunch etc.

Craig.