Uhlenbrock Intellibox II problems

cychan1228

Hello everyone, my Uhlenbrock Intellibox II is unable to control some ESU V4.0/5.0 decoders, which are completely fine with ESU lokprogrammer or Piko SmartBox. The decoders are not responding to IBII, although CVs can still be read and changed.

I tried changing CV17, CV18 and CV29, but the decoders were either not responding or the loco ran erratically. The loco ran perfectly with ESU lokprogrammer or Piko Smartbox.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance
Chris

I have been thinking about your problem but there seems to be no obvious answer.  As the decoders work with other digital centres the difficulty presumably lies in the Intellibox.  It seems odd that the IB2 programmes the decoders but will not drive them; I take it that there are no problems with other types.  Why are you changing CVs 17 and 18?  You never need to go near them as the IB2 sets them automatically in the normal programming process.  As you can read the decoders, have you checked that the loco address is what you think that you have set?  To what have you set CV29?

I have come up with only one suggestion, which I view as a faint hope.  Are the decoders Lokpilot or Lokpilot DCC?  If the latter, are the locos entered in the loco databank?  If so, check that the digital system setting for the loco is correct (i.e. DCC and not Märklin Motorola or Selectrix).  Some of my locos have Selectrix decoders and I have occasionally found that when a loco refused to move it was because the wrong format had been saved in the databank.

Some of my decoders that IB2 couldn't recognise are ESU lokpilot V4.0 DCC and one is V5.0. Erratically IB2 was able to read and control some other lokpilot V4.0 DCC decoders.

I changed CV17, CV18 and CV29 as I thought IB2 might have had trouble recognising long addresses (i.e. those larger than 127). I have tried using short and long addresses (and changed CV29 to 12 and 44 accordingly) but the decoders couldn't be controlled by IB2. Resetting the decoders (CV8 = 8) couldn't help either. 

17.JPG

29.JPG