Tulloch Bridge, West Highland Line, Mid 2000's - Present day, 4mm Scale

Rammstein2609

Hi All

Tulloch Bridge had a great weekend at DEMU Showcase in Sutton Coldfield.  Once a couple of issues with Hattons class 66's and Kadee couplings were sorted the layout ran well all weekend.  There was a bit of new operator training at times whereby the layout perhaps wasn't run properly (scale 100mph trains through the station!) but it seemed to be well received by the public.

IMG_6759.JPG.42436bb166c97e955cbd0e22f9c226ab.JPG

The layout is booked for another 4 shows in 2023 and 2 so far in 2024.  I'll post details on here soon.

Thanks

Martin 

• Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Great to finally see the layout Martin and have a brief chat with you (It was with David Long just as the show was closing!)

Looks fabulous 👍🏼

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi All,

Tulloch Bridge will be appearing at the Great Electric Train Show this weekend so if you are attending, pop by for a quick chat.  I have ripped out some of the rubbish looking trees along the back of the layout and added some much better looking spruce and larch trees from the Primo Models range which are excellent.  I've invested in some decent photography lighting so hoping to take a series of high res photos once the layout has been set up.

Thanks

Martin

• Like 4

12 hours ago, meanach said:

I certainly enjoyed seeing this excellent layout up and running and chatting to one of you guys (sorry I’m not sure which one!) at G.E.T.S. 

IMG_6512.jpeg

Hi Meanach,

Thanks for your kind comments and that's a great photo.  I was amazed by how busy the show was as the layout seemed to always be at least 2 or 3 deep at the front.  As we were exposed on the sides, the fiddle yard seemed to attract quite a lot of attention too which was nice.

I unfortunately lost track of everyone I spoke to over the weekend, I was the one with the Scottish accent and Tom was helping me operate and kept the layout moving while I was off chatting.

Thanks,

Martin

• Like 1

On 19/10/2023 at 11:25, Rammstein2609 said:

Hi Meanach,

Thanks for your kind comments and that's a great photo.  I was amazed by how busy the show was as the layout seemed to always be at least 2 or 3 deep at the front.  As we were exposed on the sides, the fiddle yard seemed to attract quite a lot of attention too which was nice.

I unfortunately lost track of everyone I spoke to over the weekend, I was the one with the Scottish accent and Tom was helping me operate and kept the layout moving while I was off chatting.

Thanks,

Martin

If it was yourself, then I was the one chatting to you about the forthcoming PCA Alcan tanks and etchings for OTA wagons ! Ian 

• RMweb Gold

We saw you at GETS and earlier in year at the DEMU show in Birmingham.  Love this layout it just works.

As I said at GETS after speaking at DEMU show I bought a TMS wifi hand controller, just trying to sort the upgrades to my DR5000's.

My intention is to upgrade my display layout Marshend from an NCE to the DR5000/Yamorc upgrade and use the wifi controller to run it.

many thanks

Doug

• Thanks 1