The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

On Cats

didcot

44 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Aw,, poor thing's hungry! 

Get up and open the Whiskas you lazy s*d!

Ours get expensive dry food, but most of them prefer the 'cheap' tinned stuff from the Supermarket.

The nearest one's product is called 'Randy Cat' (there's also 'Randy Dog').

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
56 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Aw,, poor thing's hungry! 

Get up and open the Whiskas you lazy s*d!

There's always some of the last food left, including some dried (she gets the wet and dried even though she always leaves half the wet, when I tried just the dried food she didn't eat enough).

When she was younger Amy would wake me up with a lot of meowing in the middle of the night. I'd inevitably find a toy dropped nearby. Either a present, or more likely "so what if it's the middle of the night? I want to play!"

• Like 2
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Just now, Michael Hodgson said:

Our cats have been neutered!

They're all related, but one's black, one's dark brown, one's ginger and the other's a tabby.

On the other hand, one of our dogs appears to be a racist, as she barks at black dogs.

So have ours (apart from the kittens who are still too young). It is not inappropriate though, as there are lots of stray kittens about. (We are hosting six at the moment, plus one that decided to move in! Our daughter took two to be vaccinated and came back with six! Three are set to go tomorrow - we will miss them.)

We too have our mixes. For example, Toby is tabby and white, but mum (Stella*) is tortoiseshell (calico if you are American) and dad (Morris) is ginger.

Our dogs have a 'thing' about black canines too. For one in particular, they will bark furiously and pull like tractors. Despite all the noise, I think it's friendly, as they met it wandering around loose once and there was much fuss and nose touching.

*She decided to become next-door's cat, but is not above returning for a snack now and again. She will drive off our other occasional visitors - Sofia and a white cat. They are not allowed to invade her territory!

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

On 05/09/2022 at 11:27, Il Grifone said:

omissis

*She decided to become next-door's cat, but is not above returning for a snack now and again. She will drive off our other occasional visitors - Sofia and a white cat. They are not allowed to invade her territory!

I took Lewis for a late night walk last night (1. 'Still 'ot as 'ell'! 2. Reduced chance of finding an excuse for a furious bark-fest!). I spotted Sofia lurking behind a parked car as we went past, but, on arrival back home, I saw she was following us and the white cat had appeared from nowhere as well! There followed a quick clandestine search for food for them (avoiding drawing the attention of our clowder and Arran! - they had all been fed, but food is food!)

At the moment (10.00 here). Lewis is asleep blocking the door and Whiskers is asleep on the sofa.

Edited by Il Grifone
spurious 'h'
  • Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 hour ago, Markwj said:

The prime minister we can all unite behind

FB7357AB-3C44-46DB-8165-FC704B74A082.jpeg

I was talking to one of the police guarding the gate at Downing Street on Sunday, when of course the area was crawling with reporters.  Asked whether we were any more likely to see Larry than Boris, we were told no, Larry doesn't like crowds.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

We had three cats the other night....

We usually get Lewis jump up for cuddles/tickles in the mornng. (He insists on sleeping on the floor in our bedroom - not necessarily on his bed!).  Arran had a period of launching himself onto the bed. Forty odd kilo of Maremma/Caucasian cross canine landing on you first thing in the morning is not the best way of starting the day....

Shutting the door is not a great help (and not viable in the present heat!), as both Toby and Ziggy have perfected the art of opening them. Their first attempts were rather Crash! Bang!, but now there's just a gentle 'click', followed by the door gently opening, and a cat walking in. Toby is 'Boss Cat' and shows it by the way he walks!

Ziggy - Copy (Small).jpeg

Ziggy - engaged in his second favourite occupation. (The first is obvious - he's a cat!)

I have fixed the drawer handle in the background!

Edited by Il Grifone
  • Like 12

XQ7eCoB.jpg

Not-my-cats...or at least, three of the four.

They supposedly live next door, and are more or less feral..IE garage cats.  That like home comforts...especially when its raining.

The lady next door complained yesterday that they now rarely see the young black & white tom [AKA Felix, formerly known as  Prince...when he was next door.]

Probably because he is still ensconced on the end of my settee...

I told her, if she ever wanted to see her cats, just pop round and look through my front room window.

Trouble is, they are hardly ever 'in' next door....[people, that is]...

So I get the feline company.

Yup, I know about cats and milk, but they do rather demand it.

Edited by alastairq
  • Like 10
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1