GW Branch Line - A Cellar Layout?

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, AndyB said:

Well it'd make a change from a model railway having the obligatory church + funeral scene. 😂

OK, a little bit of thread drift here, but how about a present day prototype railroad that cuts the corner off a Churchyard (see around 1.30 to 3.30):

Helpful for layout planning perhaps?

Keith.

Edited by Keith Addenbrooke
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, AndyB said:

Well it'd make a change from a model railway having the obligatory church + funeral scene. 😂

I've mentioned this before in some other topics but here goes again. A number of years ago, there was a layout on the exhibition circuit with a funeral scene just as you describe. By means of some detection and servo circuitry, every time a train went past the corpse popped up to have a look. It was funny the first few times...

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

Back to the subject of cellars, I used to live in a Victorian terraced house with a cellar. We never even used it for storage it was so horrible - damp, cold, a low roof & narrow staircase down to it. By the time we moved, some form of mushrooms were growing on the floor!! The trap door for coal deliveries from the entry was still there, as were hooks in the ceiling to hang meat from - likely the pig you had raised in the pig sty, that was still out in the back yard. 

The house must have had some fascinating history to it, but my trains went in the 3rd bedroom, not down in the cellar!!

• Like 4