Wasteels SNCF

Lovemymodelling

Hi

Can anyone please tell me what services the SNCF UIC Wasteels sleeper trains used to operate, I remember seeing them in Port Bou about 30 years ago and that Roco made a model, now it seems REE models are offering them in tales of 3 or singular and tempted if they fit my era and operation (RENFE 90-05) 

• RMweb Premium

They fit the beginning of your time range I think, up to the mid-1990s on the Puerta del Sol and the Paris - Lisbon (and sometimes Porto and Vega, it seems) Sud Express. Neither of these trains used Port Bou, and I don't think there was an overnight Paris - Barcelona service at this time otherwise I would surely have travelled on it, so I don't know what service you might have seen them on.

13 hours ago, Jeremy C said:

They fit the beginning of your time range I think, up to the mid-1990s on the Puerta del Sol and the Paris - Lisbon (and sometimes Porto and Vega, it seems) Sud Express. Neither of these trains used Port Bou, and I don't think there was an overnight Paris - Barcelona service at this time otherwise I would surely have travelled on it, so I don't know what service you might have seen them on.

Maybe I’d seen standard SNCF stock but thanks for the information 

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, Jeremy C said:

I think that some ran in Wasteels livery on other trains before being repainted back into standard blue-grey couchette livery.

No through Paris to Barcelona sleeper service other than a Talgo. The overnight train from Paris to Port Bou arrived about 09.00 and passengers transferred to a RENFE train for onward travel to Barcelona.