It's been many moons since I last posted here, but here's something my model railway dealer had scooped up for and challenged me with knowing me and my deepest love for all things old tymey and what-not. It was a generally fun project even though it was a bit of a challenge at times.

DSC0038.JPG.9390671e614cede4558735b3e634e4c1.JPG

Yep, you're looking at two Lima short bogie coaches with six chassis frames from two Hornby LMS Palethorpe sausage vans. The couplings are regular Hornby wide couplings normally seen on Tri-ang Hornby/Hornby Railways rolling stock and locos. The doorways have been clipped and nibbled off and the buffers are small nails that just about look the part. Plasticard has been used to build up the chassis making them reasonably level.

DSC0039.JPG.015f432719fe85af086410a15be0364b.JPG

So far, they run well, but they are gonna be repainted. The red one is the closest to the Midland Railway, but the green one, well...I have difficulty in choosing a livery for it. Should I make it the same livery to match which totally compliments the unnumbered kit-built Midland Railway 990 Class 4-4-0 that I own or repaint it into LNWR plum and spilt milk? Let me know what you folks think I should do with it.

• Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Well, the coach weights have been glued in and the buffers are entirely complete as well as the couplings and axles. But here are some formations I have been thinking about.

DSC_0050.JPG.b6d327eb2744b4ed3ec5d86ef3bff5c9.JPG

And yet, I have been thinking about what livery to decorate the green one in. So, after working on these vintage formations, I managed to get a clear idea on what I was looking for.

DSC_0051.JPG.84adc71d33d29b79eb66f34dbc0b5bd5.JPG

DSC_0052.JPG.31853979a46d66bced05acbc60c92be6.JPG

Above is the Midland formation using two Hornby Four Wheel Coaches (I know they're LMS coaches but they are almost similar and work just fine), below is the LNWR formation I made using two custom-painted LNWR Four Wheel Coaches. So, should I paint the green coach to match?

Please do let me know.

• Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

And here are the Midland and LNWR 6-Wheel Coaches that go nicely with my Hornby Four Wheelers.

DSC_0002X.JPG.c2954c9fd703cbedd8c93f94e4ec15ea.JPG

DSC_0004X.JPG.b123f28ee6e14f78d945d1f22802ce66.JPG

I seem to have gotten the LNWR livery right, and as for the Midland one, there will be some work done it such as getting the livery right on it as well as lining it for detail. All the same, a nice job on them!

• Like 1

On 04/09/2020 at 21:57, TangoOscarMike said:

I like what you've done. Have you considered adding steps / running-boards (I'm not too sure about the correct terminology)?

Good question. I have to look for those. In doing so, I must cross-examine the Hattons Genesis Coaches at the same time.