Mosston over Moss: Building a Coarse Scale garden railway

Florence Locomotive Works

Well I'm sorry to say that my 2nd attempt at repairing my mogul has failed, for personal reasons which I shall not disclose. However it's not all doom and gloom.

About 2 weeks back, I went on a tour of the clock shop who have taken on the job of repairing my GtV. Said tour was most informative, and talks were had about my getting an apprenticeship. Nothing has been finalised yet though. With regards to how the engine is fairing in its rebuild, I have a bit of news.

When I dropped the engine off with them, back in September, we set a target date for the rebuild to be completed around December 19th (2020). As the shop was so backed up with work from quarantine, that they had a 1.5 month lead time before beginning any new projects. So all going well, the rebuild should have started either this week, or last week, which should put us on track (pardon the pun) for the target date of December 19th. I will still need to visit them at some point and discuss what to do about the quartering, and whether or not they feel comfortable doing that, if they don't, then I do it.

Douglas

Edited by Florence Locomotive Works
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1