009 track templates

witherbrow

heya guys have just acquired two parkside dundas kits and a meter of flexi track to let me dip my toe into 009 narrow gauge. Am going to build the kits first just to see if i enjoy it and it will give me an idea as to whether i want to go ahead in this scale.

i have a suitable board all ready to put a layout on if i want to go ahead but id like to plan it out first - i just went to the peco site and found they don't do any 009 templates - any help on this would be most appreciated

Please post pictures of your turnouts, I have been experimenting with 0-16.5 but have printed my own plans from Templot. Don't forget to use the correct size of sleepers and spacings. Also I think that the crazy type track is not like most (modern) narrow gauge track I have seen.

Good luck

I was in need of some templates, so I photocopied an actual point several times, both top and bottom to give me left and right-handed point templates. So if you can get hol of one 009 point, and a photocopier/scanner, you can make your own templates.

The Peco points have a 12" radius turnout, and the forthcoming 'mainline' points have 18" radius. Lengthwise, I can't help as I don't have one to hand righ now, and I'm not sure how they compare to the N gauge track, I know the small radius points are smaller than the 009 ones, I don't knwo about the next sizes up.

Hope this helps

J

If you're a member of the 009 Society then there are some templates available of most of the types of track available on the old society yahoo group.

If not, why not!? wink.gif It's worth it for the magazine alone.

Archived