Tri-ang 00 standard track

Silverfox17

With some tinkering of the wheels a Modern Hornby B1 will now run through some Standard track.  I removed the flanges from the centre wheels and at the moment taken out the tender centre ones until I remove their flanges.  It does dip on the frog which is understandable due to the frog depth and very fine flange but it works.

Garry

DSC04522.JPG

• Like 2

Here is a "GENUINE" Tri-ang Hornby Co-Bo.  This is not the Hornby Dublo model with a Tri-ang Hornby label as that was all Dublo and nothing to do with Tri-ang, it was all ex stock at the take over.  Here is a Dublo shell with a Tri-ang Co-Co motor bogie and frame which has a Tri-ang Hymek un-motored bogie at the opposite end, I know this was never made like this but is my creation.  I used an un-motored one for weight and will be easy to fit extra pick-ups.  I know a trailing bogie with pick-ups was made but it was plastic and I wanted a heavy metal one.

Now needs a strip and re-paint, I have removed the windows in one piece to replace later.

Garry 

DSC04524.JPG

Edited by Silverfox17
  • Like 5

Rather than create a new topic I thought I'd drop these images of some Super 4 3rd radius double curves in here. I had to sort a job lot of track recently. Although loathe to throw anything away, well rusted Super 4 track is very much a bin job for regular pieces - it simply has no use or value; however there were four 3rd radius double curves that I knew I had to try and rescue as they are so hard to come by.

The rails were eased out of the bases (the rust having siezed them in place even after the fishplates were released). Bases were washed, whilst the rails had the top coat of rust scraped off, three days in white vinegar and then polishing with chrome cleaner. As a result they can now join the other pieces I have to make a complete circle.

IMG_20201218_125400.jpg

IMG_20201218_125412.jpg

• Like 8

On 15/12/2020 at 20:54, Silverfox17 said:

Here is a "GENUINE" Tri-ang Hornby Co-Bo.  This is not the Hornby Dublo model with a Tri-ang Hornby label as that was all Dublo and nothing to do with Tri-ang, it was all ex stock at the take over.  Here is a Dublo shell with a Tri-ang Co-Co motor bogie and frame which has a Tri-ang Hymek un-motored bogie at the opposite end, I know this was never made like this but is my creation.  I used an un-motored one for weight and will be easy to fit extra pick-ups.  I know a trailing bogie with pick-ups was made but it was plastic and I wanted a heavy metal one.

Now needs a strip and re-paint, I have removed the windows in one piece to replace later.

Garry 

DSC04524.JPG

If you're going for the full Triang-Hornby effect the ideal finish would be bright blue with full yellow ends, which in our alternate universe would have been advertised as in 'New BR Livery!'

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, andyman7 said:

you're going for the full Triang-Hornby effect the ideal finish would be bright blue with full yellow ends, which in our alternate universe would have been advertised as in 'New BR Livery!'

Not quite as I do not have any coperate blue on my layouts. The only blue allowed is Electric blue, E3001 etc, and Blue Pullmans and full yellow ends are a big NO even on a green loco lol. 

Garry 

• Like 3

I thought it was a horrible shade in 1965 and, although I have got used to it a bit, still only have a Lima DMU, which was a present from my brother (I would have bought a green one). I don't think the Italians quite got the blue in its full hideousness though.

Full yellow ends are an eyesore, but safety is more important (I try to avoid even yellow panels on models). Back in the day, the wasp stripes on shunters were thought appropriate as denoting poisonous substances (RM about 1960 IIRC).  :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Il Grifone said:

I thought it was a horrible shade in 1965 and, although I have got used to it a bit, still only have a Lima DMU, which was a present from my brother (I would have bought a green one). I don't think the Italians quite got the blue in its full hideousness though.

Full yellow ends are an eyesore, but safety is more important (I try to avoid even yellow panels on models). Back in the day, the wasp stripes on shunters were thought appropriate as denoting poisonous substances (RM about 1960 IIRC).  :)

Being born in 1968 I'm afraid I am totally brainwashed, even today there are trains of all sorts, in all kinds of shapes and colours - and then there are 'proper' trains, in blue, with yellow ends and blue/grey Intercity coaches :D:D:D

Merry Christmas!

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...

Silverfox17,  a couple of years ago I was gifted some boxes of various models which would otherwise have ended up in a skip. Among the items were some lengths of  grey track  as shown in the pic, ( R93 x 3, R96 x 6, R102 x 1, R106 x8, R107 x 1).  I doubt that I will ever use them, so if these would be of any interest to you, please message me.

locos 004sml.jpg