Help required with re-wheeling a pair of Hornby Railroad D49s

Good afternoon readers, this is a call for assistance (paid-for if necessary) with the following. 

I've two D49s of recent manufacture (last decade) which are in the process of tweaking and gentle upgrading to represent examples that worked over the Waverley Route (so no surprise there).   It's entirely possible that the pair will end up as shelf-queens, so when I noticed that their traction tyres were disintegrating, I ordered replacement wheelsets so the errant axles and wheels could be swapped for 100% metal ones - no worries about hauling capacity you see, just appearance and ability to run about lightly loaded (I'll weight the boilers a wee bit). 

Here's the problem: as a diesel man at core, my understanding of mechanicals doesn't run to steam motion, nor do I have the tools at my disposal for the task, a steady enough hand, or 20-20 vision these days.  I've dis-assembled one loco to work on the body, and taken the keeper plate off the running gear, in the process creating the devil's own bother just getting the pony truck back on (it's still off).  It's daunted me sufficiently that I'm looking for any recommended skilled practitioners who can do this sort of thing in their sleep.  Swag and recompense await, alongside the sense of job satisfaction. 

I'm not looking for a step-by-step guide to tackling this, I already know it will absorb hundreds of unnecessary hours, add new profanities to the lexicon and damage my karmic balance.

If anyone is able, or can recommend someone suitable, please do let me know, by PM if need be.  I will be extremely grateful to unlock this impasse!  Many thanks!