Late GWR nnon corridor C83 / D132

• RMweb Premium

It will be a good excuse to run my Hydraulics and my Pannier, I need more Panniers like I need more Brush 4s in blue.:D

It also shows that the closure of many west country branches was so shortsighted, a 3 car DMU would have kept them open. My dad remembers the closing of the Helston branch and how much they had to fiddle the figures to shut it. Most of the materials for Culdrose were brought down on it.

• 6 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 09/10/2020 at 23:54, Mike G said:

The only problem is (as with all castings) they make the bogie an unprototypical width.

I had this problem with a recent build of Comet E147s; the bogies sat out proud of the solebars by about 2mm each side, it just looked ridiculous!  No amount of fettling solved the issue and I eventually fitted RTR Pressed Steel Hornby bogies, which look the part and run perfectly.  I have been put off brass foldup bogies with cosmetic side frames. 

An A43 'cyclops' Auto trailer, also Comet and with the same bogies, was far less unacceptable for some reason, and is still running on it's Comet bogies, but I intend to replace these with Hornby Pressed Steels in order to maintain uniformity.