Bachmann Oak Hill Brewery Warehouse

I've just bought this model, and I'm very pleased with this structure. The one point that seems to let it down, is the loading bay. While the main platform is attached to the main structure, there is also an extension that can be placed in front. This leaves an unsightly gap. If it is not used, the roof of the loading bay overhangs the track. Railway vans can't pass underneath without hitting it. Was this structure actually built to HO gauge (3.5mm)?

Hi 37277

Had a look at the pics of this kit and I would say it was never the intention of the manufacturers to have stock running under the awning, maybe thats why there is insufficiant clearance, do you not have room for the loading dock? Its the usual thing anyway, It says the kit is OO, does that mean the windows are 16.5mm apart?!! as you know OO is the gauge not the scale, I wish they would state 3.5mm, 4mm, 7mm scale etc. as some manufacturers do.

Cheers

Martin

Thanks for the replies. First of all apologies for stating gauge, not scale. I spoke to an ex-railwayman who worked on the goods depots of British Railways earlier today. He did say that the awning probably did not go over the track itself. I don't intend modeling a brewery, it is good enough has a warehouse or a small factory itself. Possibly a soft drinks factory. Remember Corona drinks? There has been a lot of very small familly run drink producers over the years. I think it will look good on the edge of my intended layout. I think a bit of filing and it will be a perfect fit. Thanks everybodybiggrin.gif

Archived