RR&Co V7 D1

Just to let users know RR&Co V7 D1 has just been released along with the new V7 Train programmer which looks interesting.

Worth 55 Euros for a play me things and see how it integrates into the main part of the software for better loco calibration and running.

Look here for changes, updates in latest version. http://www.freiwald.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11414

Look here for all updates http://www.freiwald.com/pages/download.htm

• RMweb Gold

Just to let users know RR&Co V7 D1 has just been released along with the new V7 Train programmer which looks interesting.

Thanks TTG

Could you let us know how effective the Train Programmer is? I thought of buying version 5? when I first got into this but I couldnt get much feedback from the forum at that time

Regards

Hi Dave, going for Gold, nice. Its good, a big improvement over 5.8

John.

Will do. Awaiting licence number from Mr RR&Co before all the feature sets are unlocked. But from first impressions it is nice. It has a better user interface and than some programmers and is better suited to people who don't quite understand CV's. It calls them by what they adjust like min sped, mid speed etc rather than by their CV numbers.

It uses decoder definitions supplied by all the major companies and also these are readily updated as RR&Co have an agreement to use definitions from Decoder Pro.

Also it allows adjustments easily of max speed which influences the calibration of the locos. Set it in the programmer and it changes the CV's that control it. It then makes the calibration of the loco more accurate. If you don't have Train Programmer installed then this function in the calibration box wont work.

But first impressions are good and for me worth the Euro 55 to use with RR&Co. More later as I am falling over with a bug at the moment and my concentration is almost nil.

I had chance to play a little in between falling over from the bug I have.

I may have found another bug but it may be just me and my muddled brain at the moment. It is to do with writing changes to the decoder and then updating the profile view of the decoder.

It shows correctly with the little symbols that the stored data on the decoder from doing a full read does not match the readings taken after doing a write. It does not seem to update itself to show the new settings. There are a few other things but it just may be me doing things incorrectly at the moment.

I need to play more when fully awake so will pass making judgement until then. But it is nice and if it does work correctly will be a nice add on to RR&Co as it solves the problems of changing programs to do things. Everything is integrated so I don't have to shut RR&Co down to flash up Decoder Pro. Of course I could use my Lok Programmer but again its a separate program with faults of its own with it not being exactly Windows Vista friendly.

I have looked on the RR&Co forum and no one else as yet has reported any problems with it so may be it is me getting things wrong.

Will report back more later

Archived