Zen Shuttle Pack on DC

jonnyuk

• RMweb Gold

hi all, i'm setting up a small end to end layout for Christmas and i'm wanting the train to go back and forth. I recently bought the zen shuttle pack module, i'm wondering if i can use this on DC. i've tried to follow the destructions but i'm not seeing anywhere it states i can use on dc to go back and forth. I think i've read it right that it can stop the loco.

if the answer is no, any recommendations on a really cheap module for DC operation

any help much appreciated.

Won't work on DC .  Asymmetric DCC works by slightly distorting the DCC signal, and the decoder responding to the distorted DCC signal. 

Options for DC:  DIY (there are lots of designs around),   or modules from firms such as Heathcote electronics for an off-the-shelf unit.

Or a cheap DCC system (DIY for about £20-30).  

• RMweb Gold

thanks Nigel, i did suspect that was the answer, was not sure if the shuttle module has some black magic under the bonnet, might see if fleebay has anything dcc wise that can be here in a few days, i've seen a layouts4u module for £15, which is about what all i want to pay

• RMweb Premium

I’ve used the Heathcote one on a micro layout and it worked perfectly over a two day show.  The micro layout was for a 40 square inch diorama competition, my diorama had a railcar shuttling to and fro.

• Like 1