C&L Code 131 rail?

martin_wynne

I have spoken with Phil and this is the answers Martin was after

C&L have now had a new tool which they own and have sole access to which is a 7mm scale model of 95lb rail, so is to code 131, as it is compatible with the existing C&L range (actually fits the older C&L chairs better than the older code 125 rail) to save confusing his customers rightly or wrongly Phil still refers to it as code 125

There now is a brand new 3 bolt flexible track base, which can be used as is or in 60' (and I guess 40' ) panels.

https://www.clfinescale.co.uk/online-store/FLEXITRACK-32MM-F7-NEW-3-bolt-chair-flexi-track-p223270914

In addition there is also a new 3 bolt sprue which follows the 4 mm scale sprue with 10 standard chairs, two J chairs, two L1 bridge chairs and 2 fishplates

https://www.clfinescale.co.uk/online-store/3-BOLT-CHAIRS-7MM-PACK-350-NEW-14-Chair-Sprue-plus-2-Fish-plates-10-Standard-chairs-2-L1-Chairs-2-S1J-Chairs-Rail-Joint-2-Fish-plates-p223270928

Also the H section fishplates are available separately (12 standard and 12 reinforced)

https://www.clfinescale.co.uk/online-store/FISH-PLATES-PLASTIC-NEW-7MM-H-SECTION-TWO-TYPES-p260192677

A new two bolt sprue to the same format will be available very soon but the fishplates are all standard style and these fishplates will also be available.

Just to confirm, the new rail is totally compatible with both the new and old items in the range.

Phil's brother is not in the best of health, their late parents house has been sold and unfortunately at the last moment there was complications to the purchase of a property for his brother, things are a bit fraught at the moment with the post, plus Christmas shutdown. Just bear this in mind when ordering and do follow up the order with a phone call

There are quite a few new items on the drawing board, to early at the moment to comment and these will be subject to sufficient time and funds to develop them.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, hayfield said:

C&L have now had a new tool which they own and have sole access to which is a 7mm scale model of 95lb rail, so is to code 131, as it is compatible with the existing C&L range (actually fits the older C&L chairs better than the older code 125 rail) to save confusing his customers rightly or wrongly Phil still refers to it as code 125

Thanks John.

How referring to code 131 rail as code 125 saves confusion is a mystery to me.

However the good news is that C&L are now supplying exact-scale 0 gauge bullhead rail (whereas their competitors are not). Any other model trader would be shouting about that, rather than trying to hide the fact. It's a strange world. :)

Assuming of course that it's true. In view of the (unsaved) confusion, I think I will reserve final judgement until I have some actual rail in my hand and can measure it.

Thanks again.

Martin.

• RMweb Premium
31 minutes ago, martin_wynne said:

Thanks John.

However the good news is that C&L are now supplying exact-scale 0 gauge bullhead rail (whereas their competitors are not). Any other model trader would be shouting about that, rather than trying to hide the fact. It's a strange world. :)

Assuming of course that it's true. In view of the (unsaved) confusion, I think I will reserve final judgement until I have some actual rail in my hand and can measure it.

Thanks again.

Martin.

I think I owe you an apology! I totally agree - this was an odd way to avoid confusion.

Edited by Hal Nail

36 minutes ago, martin_wynne said:

Thanks John.

Thanks again.

Martin.

Martin

I think most in the know would agree, but at the club I belong to which has a very large 0 gauge (rather than 7mm gauge) section would be up in arms that someone is tinkering yet again with their chosen scale. They don't mind hand built track, but try and detail it you are excommunicated to the narrow gauge section. 

There is a very subtle announcement that hopefully the scale 7 lads will have picked up on, its a scale 7 mm 95lb rail but still being referred to as code 125 for simplicity 

As for the rail, if I had some a small length would be in the post, contact Phil, introduce yourself, your interest in the rail and suggest a free bit of publicity might be in the offing

Personally I think the big news is not the rail but the new range of chairs

262.jpg.f9923cfedac7782796d34bf4bb6d44cb.jpg

And the new style of fishplates

261.jpg.354c587dc9cda3d5daf1096e62d48649.jpg

Then a new sprue of 7mm 2 bolt chairs in the same format

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 5 months later...

Sorry my poor memory stopped me from calling Phil earlier and there is no answer today, however from the website

The all new 7MM two bolt chair sprue in the same format as the new 3 bolt chair sprue should be available before the 11th June 2021. When the stock arrives it will be posted on the website.

7mm new style 2 bolt sprues are not up on the site yet, will try an call Phil later