Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Lima OO Bogie Wagon Lorry Transporters

Help please, I have acquired as part of a job lot some ‘Lima OO Bogie Wagon Lorry Transporters’ which are from the ‘Operating Container Terminal Set 600960’ and usually came with Dunlop and Seatrain articulated lorries, amongst others. Don't know if they were sold individually or only came as part of a set? Can anybody tell me if these are based on a prototype wagon or not, and if so which, even if it is based on a continental wagon, as I also model French Railways. I have tried searching on Tinternet but have not come up with anything?

Thanks Mike Lee

• RMweb Gold

Hello Mike,

Looking at pictures on Google Images this looks to be a modified DB type bogie flat wagon with a lorry sat on it and appears to be a toy with “play value” rather than a prototypical wagon.

The European “Kangarou” wagons, as I recall, carried the trailer only and had a depressed well to lower the overall height at the trailer wheel end.

Cheers

Darius

Edited by Darius43

Thanks for you reply Darius, you have spurred me on to do a bit more digging. 

It looks as though it is based on a Continental Res Container Flat Wagon. Google Images has come up with a very close wagon, however all the ones I have found so far are stake wagons, the Lima wagon doesn't have stakes, or provision for them, it has slots for fitting ratchet straps.

I will have to keep on doing a bit more investigating. Regards Mike Lee

1 hour ago, mike lee said:

Thanks for you reply Darius, you have spurred me on to do a bit more digging. 

It looks as though it is based on a Continental Res Container Flat Wagon. Google Images has come up with a very close wagon, however all the ones I have found so far are stake wagons, the Lima wagon doesn't have stakes, or provision for them, it has slots for fitting ratchet straps.

I will have to keep on doing a bit more investigating. Regards Mike Lee

Mike, There may be something similar on Anton Kendal's site:-

https://www.tosh-railways.com/Wagons/UIC-letter-codes/R