Old coaches

hayfield

I showed this old wooden coach on another thread, since I have found some bogies which fit the location holes. I think its a Ratio kit due to the brass buffer beam, but may be another company's product. Kings Cross and CCW kits I have use other methods

post-1131-127541093547_thumb.jpg

As I said I brought this model many years ago from a spares box, its missing 1 end which will be easy to replace as its a bit of thin ply, I will replace the window glass (plastic) first as they are too short. I will get my farther in law (he's an artist)to touch up the paint on the new bit to match the original finish, weathering in the 50'd ?

It needs new buffer beams and buffers. post-1131-127541114434_thumb.jpg

I have found a spare one of the brass buffer beams (I need another). I could rob one from another one of my Ratio kits, or I may just build new ones

I found these on Ebay in one lot

post-1131-127541141174_thumb.jpg

I already have both whitemetal and plastic versions of the SR Utility Van by K's, so I am undecided if I will keep this one. For some reason the builder has removed all the beading, door knobs and handles. So that will be a bit of fun replacing, I guess that this is the 1st class one and will go with the brake 3rd I have.

post-1131-127541187881_thumb.jpg

K's LNWR 6 wheel all 3rd. just has 1 broken air vent.

These 3 coaches did not cost too much, pity the SR one has been attacked with a file but fill gaps in my collection and now I can have a very small 4 wheeled branch train with the addition of the utility van so must get that Wills P class built.

Just brought 4 more wooden bodied coaches, so I will wait and see what arrives.

Latest parcel from Ebay had 4 bodies in it, a bit knocked about but for £2.45 what do you expect and postage of £2.75, so not a bad deal

post-1131-127598582288_thumb.jpg

2 LMS Brake 3rds. I have some replacement bogies of the same era so the Triang ones will go on Ebay as they might be of use to someone. A couple of buffers are needed, the Ends need a bit of paint and some glazing but the sides will be left alone. I will look these up in my LMS coach book and fit Truss rods battery boxes etc.

post-1131-127598611581_thumb.jpg

A couple of LMS vestibule 3rds,These will also have whitemetal bogies added and I have some metal truss rods, both still have their glazing, but a bit more work is needed (stepboards etc)sides may need repainting.

post-1131-127598630395_thumb.jpg

One has the interior fitted out.

• RMweb Premium

That's an interesting thread.

Do you intend to collect the contemporary track to run them on, too?

Dave

That's an interesting thread.

Do you intend to collect the contemporary track to run them on, too?

Dave

Dave

The simple answer is yes. The longer one is that I am having a problem in finding old track parts. I thought the other day I had found some ERG chairs, unfortunatly I think they were for TT as they fitted code 75 rail. Right era wrong scale, they will come in handy for building fine scale turnouts.

I thought about making a small shelf layout based on 50's / 60's layouts as seen in the model railway mags of the time. I might have to resort to glueing / using spikes on either card or wooden sleepers if I cannot find the parts. Have 24" radius points, either card buildings or Airfix ones etc. Might even copy or adapt one of C J Freezers plans.

Archived