Accurascale

Hi All
I recently came across a website for Accurascale, I've never heard of them. 
They seem to  have a varied selection of rolling stock and some Loco's (mainly Class 37's which cover all the variants)
They are surprisingly well detailed models, if a little pricey for my taste.
Has anyone heard of them, are they worth perhaps in investing in buying ?
Any information would be appreciated.

• Friendly/supportive 1

Thanks DavidM, lots of useful information on that thread, but its mainly PR blurb. I'm not really interested in what Accurascale say (unless it's to say they introducing more steam to their product line), their view, as with most manufacturing companies are, are always a little skewed towards their products.

Admittedly their rolling stock does look amazing, but way too modern for my layout, unless I decide to rebuild my it, which is unlikely to be anytime soon.

So let me rephrase this.

Does anyone own an Accurascale  Loco, doesn't matter what type, I'm looking for any information as to the quality, detailing, reliability, pulling /traction power are they worth the price, would you consider buying another one etc. What you, as an owner, think of the model you have.

• RMweb Gold

Go and do some research. It’s all on offer on this forum.

If they are a little pricey for you then why ask the question?

Final point, no one has an Accurascale loco yet as they are just making the first ones. They will no doubt be superb as per the various wagons they have already brought to market.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Smudge617 said:

Hi All
I recently came across a website for Accurascale, I've never heard of them. 
They seem to  have a varied selection of rolling stock and some Loco's (mainly Class 37's which cover all the variants)

I think it would be fair to say that most railway modellers who frequent this forum will know all about Accurascale and the models that they have been producing recently.

If you read a manufacturer's topic on this forum you can be pretty certain that it will all seem to be what you term PR blurb. That's the whole point. What you could gain some benefit from is to read the observations by modellers in those topics to see their reactions to the announcements and the opening of boxes.

Any model is only worth investing in if it is of interest to the purchaser and meets their requirements as a modeller. If the price is wrong, the level of detail is not acceptable or the modelled period is too late then obviously there is not much point in buying something.

I have not seen many (if any) complaints about Accurascale products. I wonder if you will find any.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Smudge617 said:

With all due respect, if anything that should perhaps be worded the other way around?  ie. "well-priced models considering the level of detail?" 

I've purchased a couple of the wagon types that are already available and am very happy indeed with those purchases - splendid models in fact. 

As others have said above, there are no locomotives in anyone's hands as yet, however, take a look at the Class 92 as an example, and the advancement in DCC features and level of detail far outruns anything else on the market at this moment-in-time - and importantly, priced at around the same RRP as many almost twenty-year-old toolings from Hornby and Bachmann.

The nearest you can get at the moment to viewing any forthcoming locomotive is to perhaps check out the Class 55 'Deltic' thread, as the first livery samples arrived last week, with apparently two further versions (BR green, BR rail blue) to be revealed this coming week. 

In short, if the locomotives live up to expectations when they arrive then they should indeed be quite stunning and in many cases very much groundbreaking models.   I guess we shall see...

I hope that helps...

Best

Al

Edited by YesTor
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Smudge617 said:

Thanks DavidM, lots of useful information on that thread, but its mainly PR blurb. I'm not really interested in what Accurascale say (unless it's to say they introducing more steam to their product line), their view, as with most manufacturing companies are, are always a little skewed towards their products.

Admittedly their rolling stock does look amazing, but way too modern for my layout, unless I decide to rebuild my it, which is unlikely to be anytime soon.

So let me rephrase this.

Does anyone own an Accurascale  Loco, doesn't matter what type, I'm looking for any information as to the quality, detailing, reliability, pulling /traction power are they worth the price, would you consider buying another one etc. What you, as an owner, think of the model you have.

Accurascale have featured heavily in RMweb over the last year or so and what I have seen is not PR blurb, but a new supplier who are a breath of fresh air in this market. Rather than not engaging with their potential customer base, they have welcomed input at every stage of their manufacturing process to ensure they are able to provide models that will exceed expectations. You only have the read the Deltic thread on here to see they are a supplier intent on supplying a level of detail way beyond anything seen before.

As someone who models the steam transition area, it is very unlikely I will purchase any of their wagons as they are mainly outside my chosen period, but it doesn’t stop me admiring the quality of models they have produced so far. Of course loco wise, I have ordered a Deltic and Class 37 in BR Green and everything I have seen in the specification and attitude of Accurascale would suggest I will be far from disappointed with the final product.

I have just taken delivery of a brand new Hornby A2/2 and as the days go by, it is now likely I will return it to the supplier for a refund. Whilst it is a very smooth runner, the QC of the model does not represent value for money at between £170-£190. The colour is poor and several small components have come adrift. The footplate is not straight and I was lucky not to destroy a couple of decoders due to an internal wiring fault.

As such I consider this to be a ‘pricey’ model that does not represent value for money. Pricing is always subjective and you cannot look at the price of any model without consideration of the quality, accuracy and level of detail that is promised by the supplier. As has been suggested earlier, I do not see  Accurascale loco’s as pricey, rather the opposite. They appear to offer very good value for money based on the quality and detail of each loco, but of course we have yet to have a model in our hands. Not an issue for me as the photos and EP videos show me everything I need to know.

From what I have seen so far is a new supplier who have an outstanding set of values, particularly when it comes to talking to their customer base. I cannot fault what I have seen to date and really look forward to receiving the loco’s I have on order. I know I won’t be disappointed with the final product as I have seen the attention to detail and pride they take as a new supplier on a continual basis.

If only other suppliers were that open in terms of dialogue with potential buyers. I wish them every success in the coming years.

Edited by gordon s
  • Like 3
  • Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I humbly apologise for my ignorance, and if I sounded crass and uninformed, it was not intentional.

The Accurascale models do indeed look phenomenal pieces, and as several of you have pointed out there is a manufacturer who cares about such things as quality and their customer base.

I could genuinely like Accurascale, and am avidly keeping an eye out for (hopefully) more early steam locomotives that I will probably purchase, if they live up to expectations, they might even convert me to Diesel/Electric. I look forward to any reviews/comments members will have when they are released later this year.

I won't pre order as I am sure some here have, simply because members here have far years more experience than myself about detailing, quality etc. and will await their verdict before considering purchasing one.

Edited by Smudge617
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Accurascale have so far gotten a good lineup of models so far, they have only recently announced their new Steam loco. No mater so small or "insubstantial" the comment is about their products, theyll engage with you. theyre down to earth gents (And ladies?)  and the detail theyve so far acheived has been amazing, I dont thnik theyve released any locos as of yet but I thin ktheyll be starting t ocome out this year hopefully (Someone feel free to correct me if im wrong)

NL