Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Exhibition lighting pelmets - construction and presentation

• RMweb Gold
40 minutes ago, steve45 said:

Do you have a recommended supplier and or manufacturer?

Unfortunately not; like I said I was originally pressed for time so I made do (against my own advice) with what I could find on Amazon (I spent hours trying to study reviews, customer photos, and specifications to try and whittle it down to stuff that looked promising, but you never truly know what you're going to get on these sites!).

A quick search brings up a few UK suppliers/manufacturers, but you'll have to look yourself and see if they have a good reputation. For me, I'd consider getting into contact with one or two; if they want your business, they'll probably help you out as much as possible. A quick test is that if they don't seem to want to advise on their products then they won't be a good bet! Sorry I can't advise specifically.

If anyone else here has recommendations, I'd also like to know for future reference!

• 3 weeks later...

Have been playing around with pelmets today. One BIG question .....................

What height to people use for the bottom of the pelmet ie from the floor to the bottom edge of the pelmet.

Obviously different people of different heights and eye lines will give different personal answers for their personal likes but where do we as exhibitors set the bar ?

Paul

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, TEAMYAKIMA said:

Have been playing around with pelmets today. One BIG question .....................

What height to people use for the bottom of the pelmet ie from the floor to the bottom edge of the pelmet.

Obviously different people of different heights and eye lines will give different personal answers for their personal likes but where do we as exhibitors set the bar ?

Paul

Where you want to, it’s your trainset (literally). Set a couple of boards up with the lighting and see what works 

CD387F4A-DC72-42CD-9BB7-BF8C48FEC108.jpeg.0a4a2734a3fa2eaa80f08d903ba983fc.jpeg
track height off floor is 55” here

Edited by PMP
Add detail

51 minutes ago, PMP said:

Where you want to, it’s your trainset (literally). Set a couple of boards up with the lighting and see what works 

CD387F4A-DC72-42CD-9BB7-BF8C48FEC108.jpeg.0a4a2734a3fa2eaa80f08d903ba983fc.jpeg
track height off floor is 55” here

Yes, I accept that each situation is different - track height, baseboard width etc.

Yes, we have set up a test rig and settled on a height for the bottom of the pelmet at 5ft 4inches which is too low for me (at 6ft 3inches) and too high for my wife (at 5ft 4inches) and perfect for my mate (at 5ft 9inches)

Progress.

I am setting up some components to get a reaction from family members as tom desirable height etc.

Here are a couple of sections of the new FY screens. The first set up was too high and in this picture the screen across the end of the layout has been cut down, but the public facing screen is still at original height.

IMG_20210331_190318.jpg.28c310cf83214cefc6ec3382faad1cce.jpg

I am experimenting with various designs for the gantry posts - here is the first mock up trial - the big rectangle of ply would be trimmed into a triangle if this design wins the contract!

IMG_20210331_181515.jpg.da73df31e834bd0ce2585fca732308e8.jpg

And from the rear - just a lash up of odd scraps of wood as I'm just experimenting..............

IMG_20210331_190304.jpg.84a1035cfc7d1584d2addde4d24ab6a5.jpg

• Like 3