C&L Finescale open again

hayfield

Phil asked me to let everyone know he will hopefully be back up and running early in the week, the website shows it will be Tuesday, please bear with him as he is working remotely until new business premises have been brought. hopefully delays will be to a minimum

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi Hayfield, thanks for the update. Obviously in this case, our sympathies lie with Phil and the problem with his property. It would be counterproductive to ring Phil for progress on orders,  so do you have any idea about when he might be able to clear his backlog? I'm waiting for some functional chairs from him,  but I can be filing point blades etc in the meantime!

Ian

He told me he is starting with the oldest orders first, which is the correct thing to do, I have 1400 chairs on order which were paid for nearly a month ago. Phoning him will only delay things and he does shut the phones off at 2pm to work undisturbed

I have agreed to follow up an order for someone and will try and get an update.

He will never get the time back, but with a concerted effort will sort it out, the other issue is having to assemble track plus pack up the individual packs, so its not as simple as popping a few bits in a jiffy bag

What I would say when making an order, if its out of stock take if off the order and add it to your next order as it will delay the posting of the in stock items.

• RMweb Gold

Hayfield, many thanks.

I appreciate the issues that phil has had and I won't be bothering him!

I'm stuck for slide chairs, but as I said above, I have plenty of switch blades and crossing vees etc to make up in the meantime so I can be ready when the order does arrive.

Ian

Can I make a plea, unless its very urgent please don't phone them for a few days, or if you have to please keep it very short. Phil has issues with hiw home and is currently working from an unheated garage.

Today it took me 2 hours to return a call on his business phone, this is 2 working hours he could not use making up orders, if you telephone him at the moment you will delay both yours and others orders. Tomorrow there is a concerted effort to clear some of the backlog and there are discussions on how the email service can be radically changed in the next week or so

I will give an update tomorrow night and please PM me if you have any issues or concerns, I cannot guarantee an immediate solution but a plan is a foot.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation, hopefully this is a temporary issue which can be resolved soon 

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I spent the day working with Phil to give him a hand, as its widely known mainly due to ill-health reasons,  and problems in finding a new workspace he got behind with his orders.

The business is back up and running now, with stock, IT and phones now moved into the new workplace

Phil had a good long day yesterday, making up packs and starting on orders. Today we both got stuck in and made a very big dent in the order pile. Hopefully in a weeks time it should be back to normal. Hopefully many of you will see your orders in the next few days (I left him with a very large pile of boxes to be posted)

There is one small issue with the new international paperwork required, this will take a couple of more days, failure to do it correctly will lead to far greater delays, please bear with him.

The phones are switched on at the moment for a shorter period, just to allow Phil to pack up and send out orders .

OK to order now, but please when phoning Phil please be brief as it stops him doing important things like sending your order out 

If you have any issues PM me and I am happy to follow it through

• Friendly/supportive 2