LNER steel high sided opens

Flying Pig

• RMweb Premium

As it says in the thread title, photos of unpainted engineering samples are now showing at http://www.Bachmann.co.uk/, if you can get past the crowds surrounding the Eastleigh tram :P . There are some very nice features on them, including metal door bangers and safety loops, and I love the fully 3d brake levers. Shouldn't the axleboxes on these beasties all be LNER or BR open-fronted types, though?

. Shouldn't the axleboxes on these beasties all be LNER or BR open-fronted types, though?

Not particularly; LNER plate boxes might be more appropriate for the LNER liveried one but in BR service, they acquired much the same mix as any merchandise wagon. Wheel changing looks interestingsmile.gif

Guest Phil

Not particularly; LNER plate boxes might be more appropriate for the LNER liveried one but in BR service, they acquired much the same mix as any merchandise wagon.

Wheel changing looks interestingsmile.gif

Yes !!!!

It seems to me from the Bachmann website that RTR OO scale wagon chassis have become a touch more sophisticated from some manufacturers !!!!

A staple wagon type of the latter day Waverley Route, these look fantastic, and I'll be on for a dozen or more. Just hope they judge demand better than for the Presflos huh.gif

Nice job fitting the safety loops RTR there. My only criticism of these as per the 16tonners and other steel opens is the lack of a slight line or inset section to represent the door on the inside. They can be scribed in but a slight recess should be possible within the tooling. They can be scribed in though.

Glad I put all the linkages underneath my vans now or they could be mistaken for RTR :lol:

My only criticism of these as per the 16tonners and other steel opens is the lack of a slight line or inset section to represent the door on the inside. They can be scribed in but a slight recess should be possible within the tooling. They can be scribed in though.

Strictly speaking, the door should be chequer plate on the inside. That might be asking too much though, and the Parkside one doesnt have it either. My kitbuilds dotongue.gif

• RMweb Premium

Why? There are plenty of these wagons with 2 piece axleboxes, such as http://gallery6801.fotopic.net/p30848181.html which has two distinctive types.

Certainly, photographs of new build LNER wagons show open fronted axleboxes.

Paul

York

Thanks, Paul - as ever I should have checked your site :D My pictures are indeed all of new build LNER wagons in Tatlow.

Archived