Chuffnell Regis

Graham T

• RMweb Gold

Properly balancing the sounds of my various locos is a job for further down the line, I think Neal.  The majority, but not all, have Youchoos decoders, which are my preference.  And the function button allocations aren't coherent across all locos, which is something I'd like to remedy.  And finally, at some point I should try to fix the chuff rates...

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, Neal Ball said:

Interesting Graham, I felt F5 made no different all.

Me too but then I found that it only takes effect when the throttle changes! (Or the speed changes.) Same with light engine.

Unusual bit of programming...

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Harlequin said:

Me too but then I found that it only takes effect when the throttle changes! (Or the speed changes.) Same with light engine.

Unusual bit of programming...

The only function button I was thrilled with was F12 - the uncoupling routine - press that over one of my Kadee uncoupling ramps, the loco joggles and uncouples - I know its the small things that impress me. 😎

F5 made no difference at any speed ☹️

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I've made a start on fitting the detail parts, and have managed to get the coal load out of the tender without destroying anything, remarkably!  A question for other AS Manor owners out there (@Harlequin and @Neal Ball for starters!)  The detail pack includes a pair of "cylinder guards" - any idea how they attach?  They seem superfluous to me but I must be wrong...

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
Just now, Graham T said:

I've made a start on fitting the detail parts, and have managed to get the coal load out of the tender without destroying anything, remarkably!  A question for other AS Manor owners out there (@Harlequin and @Neal Ball for starters!)  The detail pack includes a pair of "cylinder guards" - any idea how they attach?  They seem superfluous to me but I must be wrong...

Ah! Yes 😎

Given I can’t see the minute details on the cylinders as they go round my off scene curve, I didn’t bother 🤣🤣 

I know it doesn’t help…. But I’m being truthful….. 

In order to see it, you would need to have lights shining on the cylinders. Personally I wouldn’t worry about it,

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Graham T said:

I also spotted a rather shady group of characters lurking outside the engine shed earlier this evening, all smelling of fresh paint (well, they would have done if I hadn't used acrylics).

IMG_3296.jpeg.1a2767eb487ee4aa5e615c302ad5055d.jpeg

Fella with the yellow hat looks dodgy 🤣🤣 just saying

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
Just now, Neal Ball said:

Ah! Yes 😎

Given I can’t see the minute details on the cylinders as they go round my off scene curve, I didn’t bother 🤣🤣 

I know it doesn’t help…. But I’m being truthful….. 

In order to see it, you would need to have lights shining on the cylinders. Personally I wouldn’t worry about it,

Do you mean the cylinder end caps Neal?  I've fitted those; I was talking about parts 141 and 153...

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Graham T said:

Do you mean the cylinder end caps Neal?  I've fitted those; I was talking about parts 141 and 153...

I’ll look in the morning and confirm…. Meanwhile I’ve just had my tot of rum in these parts 😎🇪🇸

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

Cylinder guards:

The loco is on it's back in my servicing cradle. The front is on the left, rear on the right and the wheel you can see is on the bogie's rear axle.

image.png.44d130fc6245240953074b8ab77eefff.png

One of the locating slots for the cylinder guards is in the centre of the photo.

There's a small lug on the guard that fits into that slot. The square end of the guard should be at the front near the cylinder and the diagonal end at the rear near the sand box. It needs to be glued to stay in. (I used Black Tack temporarily just to test.)

Here's the other side with the guard fitted:

image.png.2772084790091b8bf29412fa6e842aea.png

I apologise for the cat hairs!

Edited by Harlequin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 4

23 hours ago, Neal Ball said:

The only function button I was thrilled with was F12 - the uncoupling routine - press that over one of my Kadee uncoupling ramps, the loco joggles and uncouples - I know its the small things that impress me. 

Is that on ZIMO chips? If so I'd never spotted it, tell me more pls.

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, BWsTrains said:

Is that on ZIMO chips? If so I'd never spotted it, tell me more pls.

No the ESU decoder supplied with the sound fitted A/s Manor - although this afternoon it didn't want to work ☹️

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I just had the same with mine Neal!  Testing the Manor up and down the track in a break from work and suddenly - it's a mute.  Tried a reset and still not a peep from it...

I wish they'd put a Zimo in it.

Edited by Graham T
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Graham T said:

I just had the same with mine Neal!  Testing the Manor up and down the track in a break from work and suddenly - it's a mute.  Tried a reset and still not a peep from it...

I've been "playing trains" this afternoon.... I had my GWT HST running round the railway - its fitted with 2 x Hornby TTS decoders - cheap budget units inside the units - they were louder than the Manor - Crazy!

To restore the GWR balance, I then ran my sound fitted (Howes sounds) Hornby King - that too was louder.

☹️

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Graham T said:

I also tried adjusting CV113 to 255, which allegedly gives up to 4 seconds of juice from the stay-alive - this seemed to do sweet FA...

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
23 minutes ago, Graham T said:

I also tried adjusting CV113 to 255, which allegedly gives up to 4 seconds of juice from the stay-alive - this seemed to do sweet FA...

CV113 - is that a setting given by Accurascale? I don't recall seeing that....

• RMweb Gold

I think I read it in the Accurascale Manor thread Neal; there's nothing about it in the provided paperwork in the box.

Although the loco still runs just fine, it remains obstinately silent.  Hmm.  Not going to try anything else today, I might attack it after a good night's sleep!

• RMweb Premium
38 minutes ago, Graham T said:

I think I read it in the Accurascale Manor thread Neal; there's nothing about it in the provided paperwork in the box.

Although the loco still runs just fine, it remains obstinately silent.  Hmm.  Not going to try anything else today, I might attack it after a good night's sleep!

Try F20…. Isn’t that the fade out function? It should bring the sound back.