Planning a new RhB layout

bantam61668

After using Hornby TT gauge track on my helix and everything appearing to be working well I am considering  using Hornby TT points in my fiddle yard as they are about half the cost of Peco hom ones and I'm going to need quite a few. They are a little bit longer, have a larger turnout radius (631 mm vs 508 mm) and are insulfrog which I don't envisage been a problem in the fiddle yard trains should be passing over at a reasonable speed and they will make the wiring easier. I still intend to use Peco electroforg points on the scenic sections to allow slow speeds running, shunting etc. Has anyone tried running Bemo stock over Hornby TT points? Just looking for any experience/comments before I commit to buying some and laying track.

• RMweb Gold

Bemo wheels run fine through them, the only issue with the one I have is the over centre spring is biased and barely holds it one way and it easily springs to the other so I’m not sure that they might end up causing split trains unless you have a switch or point motor to hold them positively across. They are definitely a bit clunky in looks for a model rather than trainset but otherwise ok. 

• Informative/Useful 1