Templot drawing help

Hi is there anyone who might be able to draw me a plan using templot, I am don't know what I am doing wrong but I can't get the map background to work properly and having issues trying to draw.   I am looking for an N scale version of this, maybe with a bit of foreshortening of the diverging lines. 

Congersbury plan.jpg

Post this request on the new Templot Forum, if not a member then join

https://85a.uk/templot/club/index.php

It is very easy to download the maps, all you are doing is not completing the task. It askes you to exit the OS site before the map can occupy Templot. If you follow the tutorial it works without fail. But like all things follow the instructions 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, hayfield said:

Post this request on the new Templot Forum, if not a member then join

https://85a.uk/templot/club/index.php

It is very easy to download the maps, all you are doing is not completing the task. It askes you to exit the OS site before the map can occupy Templot. If you follow the tutorial it works without fail. But like all things follow the instructions 

I am not on there. 

I did the download, but the scaling wouldn't match and the map was top to bottom, rather that side to side like the track wants to. 

17 hours ago, ikcdab said:

Well first would need too know where this is. 

When you say " I can't get the map background to work properly...", what exactly do you mean?

The scaling of the map was one issue, I couldn't get it to match the track size, and layout direction was the other. 

48 minutes ago, KeithHC said:

Sorry got it slightly wrong it’s Congresbury with the branch to Blagdon.

Keith

Yep, right line in both cases being the Cheddar Strawberry line.   Don't think I am mad enough to do Yatton,  multi track mainline and two opposite diverging branchlines. 

• RMweb Gold
35 minutes ago, Andrew Peters said:

The scaling of the map was one issue, I couldn't get it to match the track size, and layout direction was

Hi Andrew, were you using the templot import map function where it automatically takes you to the NLS website and then imports the map for you? Using the built in function should give you the right scale. 

If you are using the built in function and it's not working then post on the templot forum.  

Once it's imported then again there after built in tools to rotate the image.

Ian

4 hours ago, Andrew Peters said:

I am not on there. 

I did the download, but the scaling wouldn't match and the map was top to bottom, rather that side to side like the track wants to. 

Andrew

Joining the Templot club is both free and there is a tutorial on how to do it

Whilst the process is not difficult it may be impossible without reading the instructions

If you follow the instructions it automatically saves it at the correct scale, providing you set up the scale/gauge first