Joe61264

As I’ve started purchasing parts, and working out baseboard designs I thought it time to migrate to this part of the forum for the build.

Discussions in the Layout Design section lead to the confirmation that the spare room was indeed of a suitable size (225cm x 255cm) to have an O Gauge layout in, and lots of people gave very helpful input to finish with the below track plan:

5BBFD555-4083-4816-A571-280CE93B5979.jpeg.603043205b9e649930b0bae04ffe529a.jpeg 

A minimum radius of 27” is in use on the main line and station loop, with the station to feature top left. 
Operation will be short steam era passenger trains, with no particular region or company in mind as a theme. The first pieces of rolling stock (SECR Non Corridor Coaches) have arrived and are sitting proudly until I start board construction, along with a circle of Maldon Track.

Next stage is to finalise Baseboard designs and buy some wood!

• Like 4

• 3 months later...
On 04/08/2021 at 18:01, Nearholmer said:

Is there anybody there?

Tap once for 'yes'; twice for 'no'.

Wondering how/whether this is progressing.

A nice pile of wood is currently sat awaiting cutting, however as ever life has got in the way somewhat - including a prolonged and unexpected spell away from home. I’m expecting to be back in the coming two or three weeks, which should see the first document worthy progress occur!

• Friendly/supportive 5

• 1 month later...

Well, another 6+ weeks have passed and no notable construction progress has occurred. The good news is that the accumulation of stock has continued, along with a fresh package of goodies from Ron at Maldon towards the published trackplan!

When Hornby revived the BL brand some years ago I remember looking at the catalogue longingly and dreaming of the N Class on offer. Proof that dreams come true is 31816 on a set of GWR 6W coaches, soon to be supplemented by a 6W Milk Van. And before someone points it out, the ‘box is switched out, not a wrong side failure….

9FC85271-4952-4E69-9D1C-138D243A5553.jpeg.94b3a44783f940b9d82d3864893401de.jpeg

Rest assured that ‘testing’ has been intensively underway in between domestic duties and once I can get the carpentry gear in a decent space we will see notable progress in a more permanent form.

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 2