RMweb

Parcels2Go.com - The Black Hole of parcel delivery services?

John M Upton

• RMweb Premium

Has anyone had any experience with items sent by a seller using some outfit called 'Parcels2go' by any chance.

I have had two deliveries from separate sellers disappear into a black hole in the space of three weeks now.  Tracking system is useless (shows dropped off at some corner shop by the looks of it) and then nothing, seller cannot find it, I cannot find it, it seems to be some sort of parcel lottery.

The first seller was very apologetic and refunded, the second seller is insistent that item has been dispatched and it is no longer his problem.

Meanwhile my SWMBO is annoyed that the gardening stuff I bought for her is AWOL!!

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, John M Upton said:

I wish I could but he doesn't actually know!!!!

Well he should do, he'll have chosen one from the list presented. That would be the same as not knowing which utility or insurance company chosen on such a site.

Assuming these are eBay sales follow the route to obtain a refund as the seller's as much to blame as the courier.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

It is indeed all rather odd, the only tracking reference number the seller has is for Parcel2Go and there is no indication whatsoever of who the actual courier is.

I think I will give it until Monday and then call it a day.

• Friendly/supportive 1

The least your seller could do is to forward you the tracking number he must have received. Its format should

look familiar to someone around here. If he can't do even this, he's not up to the task of selling reliably!

The Nim.

• RMweb Premium

I have the P2G tracking number, it shows the parcel was dropped off the day after purchase but there the trail goes cold with no details of the actual courier used or whether they picked it up.

It seems as far as the seller is concerned, P2G are the courier when in fact they are not, all rather shambolic.

I have just found these 'glowing' reviews of P2G, glowing that is where the various aggrieved customers would like to use a lit match....

https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/parcel2go.com

Edited by John M Upton
  • Friendly/supportive 1

In your opening post you say dropped off at some

corner shop, a lot of couriers use small local shops as

drop off points, if you know the corner shop location

I would go there and ask if they have your parcel.

David.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

If the tracking number is 16  digits starting 1Z then this is a UPS delivery, type the

tracking number in to their website and you might get some more information

about where your parcel might be.

David.

• RMweb Gold

Tracking numbers:

starting 1z = UPS

JD, then 16 digits = DHL

15 = generally DPD

7(12 digit) = Fedex

Others post the first 4 digits and the number of digits and we may be able to identify.

23 hours ago, John M Upton said:

the second seller is insistent that item has been dispatched and it is no longer his problem.

He's wrong and/or taking the michael.  Whether postage was paid for as a separate cost item, or included in the price (aka "post free") it is absolutely and completely the seller's legal responsibility to get the item purchased delivered to the purchaser.  If it goes missing and they & their chosen carrier can't locate it within a reasonable time then they either have to send another one* or refund the total price paid.  If they won't do that then:

• if it's an eBay item you can raise a case against them;
  • if it's an Amazon Marketplace item you can get Amazon involved (although this can be slightly harder work then eBay);
  • if it was ordered directly from the seller then either get Trading Standards on the case, or take them to the small claims court.

You should never end up out of pocket or without the goods whichever way you have to pursue it.

* I have in the past received the same item twice after the first one had disappeared in to a black hole, but then popped out again a few weeks later.  The seller in that case sent a second one as soon as I contacted them about my order's non-appearance - arguably they were a bit too quick off the block's in that instance!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Also the contract for carriage is between the seller and the carrier so you generally cannot claim with the carrier for the item, that is up to to the seller as well.

(If you do open a case on eBay and receive a replacement item, do remember to close it afterwards otherwise eBay may later still find in your favour and refund as well).

• RMweb Premium
On 08/05/2021 at 10:06, John M Upton said:

The first seller was very apologetic and refunded, the second seller is insistent that item has been dispatched and it is no longer his problem.

The carrier is the seller's agent. Assuming the contract between you includes delivery of the goods (usually the case) then the carrier is responsible for the performance of that part of the contract. But the ultimate responsibility rests with the seller, as they hire the carrier and instruct them to deliver the goods on behalf of the seller. As above, the seller cannot claim 'someone else's problem'. And as for not knowing which carrier he's used, that really does strain credulity... 

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

If you haven't done so already, have a quick look at www.parcel2go.com and you will be able to see how the site works.  They act like a one-stop-shop for sending parcels.  You enter the details (dimensions, weight etc.) of your parcel and are presented with a list of parcel companies and service level options from which you pick the one you deem most appropriate then follow the instructions to dispatch your parcel.

So that's how it works if you are the seller.

I can't disagree with any of the posts above.  The fundamental point here is that the seller is still responsible for the item no matter what they're telling you.  If this is eBay, just wait until the required date and file an 'item not received' claim.  Leave it in the hands of eBay and if contacted directly just forward the message to the eBay Claims team.  No matter how honest the seller is being here it is their responsibility to sort things out, not yours.  The seller is the only person who can claim from Parcel2Go whether they like it or not.

• Like 1