Nymr gets a 9f

english electric

How the devil did they ever get it off the midland? that's a damned big machine, and wouldn't have thought it'd fit on a lorry. especially maneuvring in the midland's confined spaces.

Lorry got in fine. We load on Butterley top plane. Plenty of room for adjustment, plus you'd be surprised how good lorry drivers are at getting in extremely tight spaces. The 9F can go anywhere at the MRB, except the Swanwick colliery branch. It just won't get round the curve. They found that out in the 60's when the colliery shunter failed and the only thing available was the a 9F waiting in the exchange sidings. Put it this way. It ended up needing Totons crane to rerail it.

• 2 weeks later...

From 92214 website

ANNOUNCEMENT

92214 has been sold by The 9F Locomotive Charitable Trust Limited and now resides on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway. All enquiries concerning the locomotive should be addressed to that railway. Thank you.

2nd August 2010

smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

J.P.

• RMweb Premium

The 9F can go anywhere at the MRB, except the Swanwick colliery branch. It just won't get round the curve. They found that out in the 60's when the colliery shunter failed and the only thing available was the a 9F waiting in the exchange sidings. Put it this way. It ended up needing Totons crane to rerail it.

When I was up at Swanwick a couple of months ago for a photo charter, the crew said they could propel the freight around the curve, but not take the loco beyond the point, and that was with 5643. I can see why they would struggle with a 9F!

When I was up at Swanwick a couple of months ago for a photo charter, the crew said they could propel the freight around the curve, but not take the loco beyond the point, and that was with 5643. I can see why they would struggle with a 9F!

ah, would have seen you then. I was the guard on the freight. Was a rather bumpy night.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Dropped in at the Grosmont shed whilst we were on holiday. 214 was sitting conveniently alongside the windows of the shed being fettled. Has a long chat to the engineer about the 2-8-2 project and took loads if snaps of the motion etc for possible extra detailing work.

Shame in a way it wasn't working that day but the bonus was the Super D complete with Teak set back to Pickering from Gothland :D Even got to sit in first class just behind the loco as it was FULL

Archived