Q Kits 10000 and 10201

LNWR lives on

Hi Guys

I have found in my collection of unmade kits these two Q kits pictured below which were picked up at an exhibition several years ago. The bodies and instructions appear to be there as well as the bogie side frames and thats about it. I think from reading the instructions there are parts missing

Does anyone know how easy these are to make up to a good standard model, what work is required and how easy it is to source a suitable chassis. If i decide they are too much work I think I may sell them although what there value (if any) is I have no idea

Thank you in advance

LNWR Lives on

post-2237-12761140246_thumb.jpg

LMS 10000

post-2237-127611405185_thumb.jpg

Very much what Americans fondly refer to as Craftsmen kits, it leaves a lot of work to the modeller, not for the faint hearted, but you can get reasonable results with patience and a bit of skill. They mainly covered models that were not available in RTR or even in other kits. Hollywood Foundry could do the power train bogie/bogies etc. to suit the supplied frames.

Stephen.

Thank you for your responses guys

I think from the information gathered and close inspection of the instructions these are just going to require too much time that I have not got right now with the youngster approaching his first birthday

Onto the RMWEB classifieds they head

Cheers guys!!

Archived