16v AC supply help please

BangRoad

Hello,

I am planning to use a Gaugemaster walkabout controller with a Gaugemaster wall mounted transformer to provide the supply.  Can I simply split the 16v output to run my CDU or will a second transformer be needed independently? 

Ive always used outputs on the rear of controllers in the past but of course the walkabout doesn’t have this feature so would appreciate a few pointers.  6607B316-0331-4238-8A5E-034D7CF4EEA1.jpeg.92e06c5206fdd2e3030bc29fcb9df42c.jpeg

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, SamThomas said:

Personally, I don't see a problem with this.

No doubt, in true RMW form someone will disagree & produce an over complicated technical essay to read.

Maybe, but if an identical question is asked in 2 different places on RMweb - such as this one, you'll end up with 2 sets of 'over complicated technical essays'!

• Like 2

On 28/07/2021 at 13:05, SamThomas said:

Personally, I don't see a problem with this.

No doubt, in true RMW form someone will disagree & produce an over complicated technical essay to read.

:) It really depends on the current draw of the CDU when recharging. If it's designed to recharge quickly then it could be well over an amp for a short period.

I would use separate supplies or make sure the supply chosen is over specified by a good margin, compared to what the controller needs worst case.

• Agree 1