Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

16v AC supply help please

BangRoad

Hello,

I am planning to use a Gaugemaster walkabout controller with a Gaugemaster wall mounted transformer to provide the supply.  Can I simply split the 16v output to run my CDU or will a second transformer be needed independently? 

Ive always used outputs on the rear of controllers in the past but of course the walkabout doesn’t have this feature so would appreciate a few pointers.  6607B316-0331-4238-8A5E-034D7CF4EEA1.jpeg.92e06c5206fdd2e3030bc29fcb9df42c.jpeg

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, SamThomas said:

Personally, I don't see a problem with this.

No doubt, in true RMW form someone will disagree & produce an over complicated technical essay to read.

Maybe, but if an identical question is asked in 2 different places on RMweb - such as this one, you'll end up with 2 sets of 'over complicated technical essays'!

• Like 2

On 28/07/2021 at 13:05, SamThomas said:

Personally, I don't see a problem with this.

No doubt, in true RMW form someone will disagree & produce an over complicated technical essay to read.

:) It really depends on the current draw of the CDU when recharging. If it's designed to recharge quickly then it could be well over an amp for a short period.

I would use separate supplies or make sure the supply chosen is over specified by a good margin, compared to what the controller needs worst case.

• Agree 1