The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Help!!! with iPhone camera mode

jonny777

I need to take a close-up photo of my face with an iPhone, for passport renewal purposes; but the "helpful" people at Apple have programmed the most annoying function ever into the phone. Whenever it recognises a face shape, it adds a blue box around it, so that I can tag myself (or anyone else) in photos I post online. 

I don't want to post endless photos of my face online. I want a clear photo with no additions for my passport. 

Does anyone know how to turn this nonsense off, before I take it to an Apple centre and ram it up the @rse of the nearest employee? 

Any internet search including 'face id box' just returns billions of 'how to use face id on an iPhone', which are not of any use to me. 

Thanks. 

Who would have thought that activating a voice-over feature would result in a blue box on iPhone photographs?

But that is modern day Apple for you - add intensely irritating, but no doubt 'cool' features, by the development droids who think they are cleverer than mere mortals. 

• Friendly/supportive 1