Class 26

Hi There, sorry if this topic is in the wrong section, I have noticed that hattons are selling the railfreight red strip class 26 and what looks like to me that there is no red strip on the sole bar, did some 26's not receive this paint job or is this another Heljan goof..!

Regards

Weejock

I have not seen pictures of all the railfreight 26's but I think they all might have been painted with the red stripe. In many photos the red stripe is almost invisible due to dirt build up. I also would like a definate answer as my 26 has just been weathered. (with the covered with dirt look so it makes no odds). post-7305-127619983226_thumb.jpg

Yeah I think the general concensus was that they were all red. As mentioned above, most of the time dirt made it difficult to see so understandable that Heljan should make the 'goof'. I recently did a detail and weather job on one of these. I went for a little patch brushing red along the solebar to represent the red being exposed in the odd place. Looks pretty good I think and can be done retrofit even if you have already weathered yours.

post-6894-127621085864_thumb.jpg

Cav

Archived